Clarity

• 1.  How can I start multiple process on different instances?

Posted Jan 05, 2017 12:08 PM

I am trying to figure out a way to automate the Process that I need to run after Production Deployment. There are a bunch of different process that I want to run on multiple instances of a sub-object of Project.

I want to write a script to run these processes at will, without going to each instance and running the Process manually.

I found a way to trigger a process using bpm:startprocess tag in Gel, but I want to trigger it through XOG if possible, don't want to run this through a process. Is that possible?

• 2.  Re: How can I start multiple process on different instances?

Posted Jan 05, 2017 12:29 PM

Not sure that we can programatically start a instance-based process, but...

If you have your process auto-start on UPDATE of the instance. Then you can update each individual instance from GEL thru a XOG call (just set some dummy value - or even create a new attribute purely to trigger the process).  You don't even need GEL, could trigger the update just from a command line (only important thing is that the dummy update is done thru XOG or the application itself).

• 3.  Re: How can I start multiple process on different instances?

Posted Jan 05, 2017 02:07 PM

Thanks David. That seems like a good alternative and is easy enough to implement.