Release Automation

• 1.  Accepting user inputs in Roc 6.2

Posted Jan 05, 2017 01:29 PM

We are in the process of upgrading from Nolio 5 to Nolio 6.2.  A number of deployment processes in ver 5 have been setup to accept user inputs when the process is kicked off.  In Ver 5 (Automation Studio), the screens appear as the deployment moves thru the steps and user has ability to select and/or enter inputs as the screens appear.

This does not seem to be the case in Ver 6.  In Ver 6. when using ROC, the process stops and the user must click on an icon in order for input screen to appear and then within that screen user must clicked again before the field for entering the value appears - too many clicks/selections!!

Is there away to these screens to open automatically in ROC 6 without users having to perform the extra clicks (as in ver. 5)?

• 2.  Re: Accepting user inputs in Roc 6.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2017 12:29 AM

srisa09 - any input here?

• 3.  Re: Accepting user inputs in Roc 6.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2017 01:56 AM

Hi,

Can you please share screenshots of the screen you are seeing for RA 5 and RA 6.2.

For RA 5.5.2 User Input screen comes as shown below:

For RA 6.2 User Input screen comes as shown below:

Please provide a screenshot.

Regards,
    Sachin

• 4.  Re: Accepting user inputs in Roc 6.2

Posted Jan 12, 2017 03:12 PM

Sachin, thanks for reply...  Actually, to be clearer (I hope), difference is between Automation Studio and Release Operation Center

In AS, the user prompts come up automatically, and user able to select without addition clicks (see 1st screen below).  In ROC, user must make multiple clicks to before selecting value (see 2nd screen below).  Question is can this be avoided in ROC?

• 5.  Re: Accepting user inputs in Roc 6.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 03:44 PM

Hi,

Currently that is the interface supported by RA.

As mentioned by Saurabh in the below reply as well, please feel free to post an idea for the same.

Regards,

Sachin

• 6.  Re: Accepting user inputs in Roc 6.2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2017 04:38 AM

Hi,

Currently to my best knowledge both of the interface for 5.x and 6.x are same from user-input perspective. What feature you are requesting is something like Pop-up screen float around on UI for user input?

I can't affirm if I want to vote up or down for this feature, but evaluating it from end user perspective

Pros: As you mentioned I don't have to click on the hyperlink for user input to open that window.

Cons: I find it more annoying. Automatically Pop-up of this window will obstruct user navigation to other section until he click somewhere out of this pop (as ideally happens on most of sites prompting pop-up). So ultimately it is more annoying assuming as an end user I want to navigate to other section of ROC I have to always click out of that pop-up, so finally more clicks.

Currently I don't think it is there, but feel free to post an idea for the same.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 7.  Re: Accepting user inputs in Roc 6.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2017 10:21 AM

Hi 
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk