Test Data Manager

• 1.  how do i mask referential integrity columns

Posted Jan 06, 2017 06:03 AM

how do i mask columns with referential intergrity

• 2.  Re: how do i mask referential integrity columns
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 06, 2017 07:58 AM

Hi Magesh, 

Can you please specify which product you are using?

If you are using Test Data Manager- Fast Data Masker, have you reviewed on documentation?

Mask Your Data - CA Test Data Manager - 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If you are not seeing any answers in the documentation, I would suggest reaching out to your CA Account Manager and they will be able to help you find a resource setup this masking scenario in your environment. If you do not know who your account manager is, you can call CA Customer Care at one of these numbers and they will be able to tell you: Contact CA Support - CA Technologies 

Best regards,

Taylor

• 3.  Re: how do i mask referential integrity columns

Posted Jan 10, 2017 06:02 AM

We are using Test Data Manager-Fast Data Masker.

Is it possible to mask the tables which are related with primary and foreign key relationship.

If a primary key column in parent table is masked then the same should be affected in the child table as well, Is this possible?

if possible can you share the documentation of that.

• 4.  Re: how do i mask referential integrity columns

Posted Jan 10, 2017 08:06 AM

Hi Magesh, 

Please remember to choose the category of 'Test Data Manager' when creating a new question on the community page so that we can see and answer it. 

I see that you have opened a support case for this same question. We will reply to your questions through the support case and post the resolution to here once the case is closed.

Best regards,

Taylor

• 5.  Re: how do i mask referential integrity columns

Posted Jan 10, 2017 07:31 PM

Hi Team,

I have been supported with solution in Support  case I had raised although support team mentioned that HOW TO questions need to be part of communities and they cannot handle the same.

As per support team we need to use HASHLOV and Concept of cross-referencing.

can be referred in online documentation about these functions...   

Thanks

Magesh.V