Service Virtualization

• 1.  JMS Send Receive step is not executed in JMS virtual service ?

Posted Jan 05, 2017 12:23 PM

Hello,

I have created a JMS virtual service i.e only VSM, consist of 3 steps i.e step 1 - JMS listener which will listen the incoming messages as from Queue and perform schema validation of request xml and accordingly publish message on a topic (if it PASS then on PASS topic and vice-versa), step 2 - Parse text as response , step 3 - JMS send receive step which will publish a message on a topic , also a filter is added on this message to store the publishing message in a file. 

When I run this service in ITR , it ran successfully but after deploying on VSE , it behaves unexpected. In Inspection view Only 1st two steps are executed , 3rd step is not executed and neither "write properties to a file" filter is executed ?

What could be the reason for this ? Is JMS send receive step cannot be used in virtual service or we cannot write to a file in virtual service ? I am using DevTest 9.5..

• 2.  Re: JMS Send Receive step is not executed in JMS virtual service ?

Posted Jan 05, 2017 05:39 PM

I can't think of any obvious reasons why something that works in the ITR shouldn't do the same thing deployed to VSE.  Are you sure it's not experiencing an error?  Are there any errors in the VSE log?  Is the VSE server on the same machine as Workstation?  Are you driving it with the same messages in both cases? 

• 3.  Re: JMS Send Receive step is not executed in JMS virtual service ?

Posted Jan 06, 2017 06:49 AM

Hi,

Today I tried by creating a one more virtual service consisting of 3 steps - 1. Publish message on a queue (Filter - Write properties to a file) 2. Subscribe message from queue (Filter - Write properties to a file) 3. Output log message (Filter - Write properties to a file) 4. Do nothing step

In ITR it runs fine and I am able to see all steps , but after deploying it in VSE below observations -

1. In inspection view , only 3 items are visible i.e. unknown, step1 , step2 .

2. In inspection view, no incoming request found message is seen for every request

3.Step 3 is executed , but unable to find it's traces in Inspection view, but file is created on Desktop

4. Filters of step1 and step2 are unable to create a file at location - c:\users\ foldername 

5. In VSE log, only step1 and step responses or traces are present.

Yes VSE server and workstation are on same machine.

Please suggest what could be the reasons for this behavior?

• 4.  Re: JMS Send Receive step is not executed in JMS virtual service ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 06, 2017 09:25 AM

You've created a VSM that is not following the VSE pattern of receiving a request, running it through a service image, sending one or more responses, then looping back to receive another request.  Of course it's not going to look correct in the VSE inspection view. 

> 1. In inspection view , only 3 items are visible i.e. unknown, step1 , step2 .

The inspection view is taking a "sampling" of events that happen during the VSM execution.  It's not always able to show every event and discern every step; that's just the way it works.  It's designed for showing errors.  If you want to trace every step and every event then the ITR is what does that.

> 2. In inspection view, no incoming request found message is seen for every request

As described, your VSM does not have a request.

> 3.Step 3 is executed , but unable to find it's traces in Inspection view, but file is created on Desktop

That sounds to me like things are working. 

> 4. Filters of step1 and step2 are unable to create a file at location - c:\users\foldername

Are they creating files in the same location as step3?  Are they able to create files there when run i the ITR?  What is the actual error they're experiencing?

> 5. In VSE log, only step1 and step responses or traces are present.

Again, the VSE log is looking for "standard" VSMs with the right pattern for pulling out request/response info.  I believe that log is mostly based on the presence of a service image step.

• 5.  Re: JMS Send Receive step is not executed in JMS virtual service ?

Posted Jan 13, 2017 09:58 AM

K123 a,

Did you need any additional assistance after Kevin's latest response?