Clarity

• 1.  PMBOK Template Usage

Posted Jan 05, 2017 06:09 PM

I have been experimenting further with the PMBOK Template project and have 1) created a 'New from Template' Project using the "PMBOK® Guide Project Template", and 2) 'Copy Project from Template' to import the tasks from the "PMBOK® Guide Project Planning Checklist Template" into an existing Project.

When the Project is created using the Template, both the "PMBOK® Guide Project Template" and the "PMBOK® Guide Project Planning Checklist Template" include pages that allow the user to provide information in the following forms:

• Project Scope Statement List
    • Project Charter List
    • Project Closure List
    • Project Report List
    • Scope Management Plan List
    • Quality Management Plan List
    • Risk Identification – SWOT Analysis List
    • Product Description List
    • Lessons Learned List

I was wondering if there is a way to update an existing Project to include access to these pages/forms, i.e. avoiding the approach of deleting and recreating the Investment, making use of the Template on the second attempt. From my experimentation, altering the 'Dashboard View' setting only just affects the appearance and order of the Tabs/Pages/Portlets that appear for the given Project.

I am hoping to also learn how to re-order the appearance of the menu that appears, since the default appearance has no relation to the chronogy of completion of the given Lists.

Thanks,

Will

• 2.  Re: PMBOK Template Usage

Posted Jan 06, 2017 05:23 PM

I should think if you change the project layout (put that field to the edit properties page or list view) and change the layout to ■ "The PMBOK® Guide Layout page layout" you will get the same for existing projects.

If you are referring to how menu items appear in the main menu you can reorder them in Administration > Studio > Menu Manger and apparently application and selecting the menu group like in this illustration the Custom Objects.

• 3.  Re: PMBOK Template Usage

Posted Jan 09, 2017 01:20 PM

Hi Urmas,

I did actually attempt using both the 'Dashboard View' and the 'Methodology' settings to enable the additional menu options under the Project Properties, but neither had any affect.

The 'Dashboard View' affects the appearance of Page/Tabs on the Investment, and Portlets within the Pages. I haven't been able to determine the affect of alternate selections of the 'Methodology', but after saving the updates, there is no impact to the Properties; options only go as far as the Settings.

Thanks for the tip on the Menu Manager. I will experiment with this.

Cheers,

Will

• 4.  Re: PMBOK Template Usage

Posted Jan 09, 2017 01:41 PM

I had a look at the Application Menu settings, and there is nothing there that references the PMBOK Templates - it might potentially need to be created before it is altered.

The other risk is that because the PMBOK Charter, Lessons Learned, etc. are sub-pages, they might need to be affected in a different page. I just haven't found it as yet.

• 5.  Re: PMBOK Template Usage

Posted Feb 03, 2017 01:51 AM

I think I found an answer to my original questions.

For the first question, I was not able to find a setting to update on the Investment's Settings page, but I did find the attribute 'PBK Project Flag' that I could add through the Configure page on the Project List. Once having added this to the displayed attributes for the Project List, I was able to update Projects to have this value set to 'Yes', after which the PMBOK Template sub-pages will appear for Projects.

For my second question, rather than menus, the PMBOK Document List pages are treated by the application as Subpages. They are set to display only if the 'PBK Project Flag' is set to 'Yes' as can be seen through the 'Object: Project | Partition: System | View: Project Properties | Mode: Edit - Property Layout' page.

Changing the order of the appearance of the Subpages is done through opening the 'Edit Project Properties' page, then moving the order of the Subpages. The example below renders the Subpages generally in chronological order of completion.

Hope this information helps someone else in a similar situation.

Cheers,

Will