Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to run a report on changed/updated fields within a time period?

• 1.  Is it possible to run a report on changed/updated fields within a time period?

Posted Jan 06, 2017 02:13 PM

Management has requested a report that shows all investments (Project/Ideas) that have had changes in certain fields within the past two weeks.  I'm guessing I'd have to be auditing the fields we want to track and use a log that's out there somewhere to look up the data.  I'm not a report writer and I am hoping there is something I can do to get this data in Ad Hoc reporting.  Can anyone tell me if I can make this report within Ad Hoc reporting? if so where would I need to look to get the data?

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to run a report on changed/updated fields within a time period?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 06, 2017 02:55 PM

Yes you'd need to have selected those field(s) for audit - if you had then the changes are tracked in a database table and (relatively) easy to extract, there is even a stock portlet that would allow you to grab the data 'online' but its a bit generic and if you have specific requirements might be better to build your own portlet.

Not sure whether that audit info is immediatley in the Jaspersoft data (I would guess not), but again you could code something to expose it to adhoc reporting.

--

BUT if you have not been auditting those fields then there is nothing you can do I think   (turn auditting on now perhaps?)

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to run a report on changed/updated fields within a time period?

Posted Jan 06, 2017 03:24 PM

Thanks for the info,  I'll take a look at that!