Release Automation

• 1.  Unable to login to ROC(RA5.5.2.488)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2017 09:51 PM

Hi Experts,

I ran the (RA 5.5.2b191) upgrade to RA 5.5.2.b488 and now after the upgrade i am having issues while trying to login to ROC with super user account on my local machine. ASAP is working fine and I am able to login and perform operations with out any problems.

I have explore the options from google about Java , browser but still no luck.

I would if any one have seen this issue before or know the fix for this issue. Any pointers to fix this issue would be appreciated.

"

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 0 in class file org/apache/jsp/index_jsp

type Exception report

message java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 0 in class file org/apache/jsp/index_jsp

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 0 in class file org/apache/jsp/index_jsp      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:343)      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)      org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)      com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.RequestLogFilter.doFilter(RequestLogFilter.java:29)

"

org.owasp.esapi.filters.ClickjackFilter.doFilter(ClickjackFilter.java:98)

root cause

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 0 in class file org/apache/jsp/index_jsp      java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)      java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)      java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

Thank You

Sachin

• 2.  Re: Unable to login to ROC(RA5.5.2.488)

Posted Jan 08, 2017 01:16 AM

Does the RA landing page working correctly ?

Did you lunch ASAP from the landing page or used old shortcut?

I would try to delete javaws cache and browser cache as well.

• 3.  Re: Unable to login to ROC(RA5.5.2.488)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2017 01:50 AM

Hi Jacky,

Yup the landing page is coming , i did clear the ASAP cache , browser cache , temp files but still no luck.

I wonder what the ASAP works fine but when i want to login to ROC it throws error and not allow to login.

Thank You

Sachin

• 4.  Re: Unable to login to ROC(RA5.5.2.488)

Posted Jan 09, 2017 02:05 AM

Do you see any erros in nolio_dm_all.log?

• 5.  Re: Unable to login to ROC(RA5.5.2.488)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2017 04:20 AM

Hi Jacky,

It gives following lines in  nolio_dm_all.log file when i try login to ROC using superuser account.

--------

2017-01-09 17:15:59,699 [org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer#3-1] INFO (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.execmng.NesConnectivityUpdaterImpl:92) - Done updating NES connectivity: es_ambsa03-e7450
    2017-01-09 17:16:00,545 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] INFO (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.auth.NolioUserDetailsServiceImpl:242) - Successfully logged-in as superuser
    2017-01-09 17:16:06,708 [ExecutionServerStatusTask-1316] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.execmng.ExecutionServerStatusMonitor:92) - Update execution servers status
    2017-01-09 17:16:16,712 [ExecutionServerStatusTask-1317] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.execmng.ExecutionServerStatusMonitor:92) - Update execution servers status

------

Strange!!!!

Thank You

Sachin

• 6.  Re: Unable to login to ROC(RA5.5.2.488)

Posted Jan 09, 2017 12:53 PM

Do you get same result with any browser?

Did you check the upgrade process logs , maybe something went wrong there?

• 7.  Re: Unable to login to ROC(RA5.5.2.488)

Posted Jan 09, 2017 01:21 PM

Hello Guys, 

there may be a chance that LevelDB has been corrupted, you can try few things in steps

1. stop All services on NAC and NES

2. take a back up of LevelDB and delete levelDB folders from the installation folder, you can find it undet installation folder/activemq-data/nac/levelDB

3. restart the services in order of 1st NAC then NES. 

this should help you out. 

• 8.  Re: Unable to login to ROC(RA5.5.2.488)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 09:46 PM

Hi Guys ,

Thank you for your replies and information sharing  , i really appreciate it. 

Finally i found the culprit and managed to fix the issue , main cause for this was file got corrupted  "index_jsp.java"  under path "RA_HOME\work\Catalina\localhost\datamanagement\org\apache\jsp"

I replaced the index_jsp.class and java file from another installation(5.5.2.488) and that fixed the issue , Now i am able to login to ROC and all set .

It is still mystery that how this file got corrupted as none of the upgrade touches this file :-(.

Regards

Sachin