Clarity

• 1.  Assign multiple resources to multiple tasks

Posted Jan 06, 2017 12:19 PM

Hi, It is possible in OWB to select multiple resources (people) in a view and assign them to one specific task just by "dropping" them on the specific task.

But I want to assign the selected resources to several tasks at once, by dropping them on several tasks, but that does not work... is there a way to do that? It would save me a lot of manual work.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Boy Van Oppen

• 2.  Re: Assign multiple resources to multiple tasks
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 06, 2017 12:26 PM

Hi Boy Van Oppen.

It is possible to assign multiple Resources to multiple Tasks at once in OWB.

One can multi-select a set of Tasks, right click and select Assignments.

The Task - Multiple Selections dialog box will be shown. Next, multi-select your Resources and click Assign.

HTH.

• 3.  Re: Assign multiple resources to multiple tasks

Posted Jan 06, 2017 12:39 PM

Thanks Robert,

That works but.. now i have to go through the list of all resources assigned to the project.

The case is that i created a view where does resources are sorted on their role in the project what makes it much easier to find them.

So by Dragging and Dropping in a view it is not possible?

• 4.  Re: Assign multiple resources to multiple tasks

Posted Jan 06, 2017 01:02 PM

Since I can't see & interact with your view I can't say for certain, but so far in simple testing I've been unable to drag and drop multiple resources onto multiple tasks at once. The Task multi-select is lost when I multi-select the Resources and vice versa.

Here's a possible solution.

Multi-select your resources that you want to place on your multiple tasks, right click then select Modify.

Click into category and type 'a'.

Now, with the instructions in the previous post multi-select the Tasks, Right Click Assignments.

Click the Category header to sort your 'a's on top.

Multi-select them and click Assign.

After they're assigned, go back and remove the 'a' before you Save.

HTH

• 5.  Re: Assign multiple resources to multiple tasks

Posted Jan 06, 2017 01:02 PM

See idea:  Upgrade Gantt to include Resource View across projects

Won't help now, but if we can get more interest.  I've added the ability to multi-select/assign resources, and the original idea is for drag and drop.