Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to renumber transaction IDs in VSI

Posted Jan 07, 2017 09:17 AM

In the service image, there are transaction ids which get generated by default. One way to modify those IDs is by manually editing the vsi file. Is there any other way to automatically renumber the transactions. 

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: How to renumber transaction IDs in VSI

Posted Jan 08, 2017 03:28 AM

May I know what's the intent behind trying to regenerate the transaction identifiers. It's not even advisable to manually edit the content of virtual service image. The IDs are provided to make it easy for debugging the transactions.

• 3.  Re: How to renumber transaction IDs in VSI

Posted Jan 08, 2017 03:52 AM

Scenario is that there's an image with many stateless transactions, some recorded sometime back and others recently merged/recorded. So looking at the vsi, the transaction IDs are not sequential.

On executing the service, from inspection view, we get to know the matching transaction ID. When I go back to service image to search for that ID, I go to each meta and specific transactions in that meta to search for the transaction ID, coz the numbering is not ordered.

I was hoping that if sequence was renumbered, basing on the number range its easier to navigate to the matching transaction ID in vsi.

Is there a better way to search for a transaction ID in the image, without having to scroll down through the entire image when the IDs are haphazard.

Please suggest.

• 4.  Re: How to renumber transaction IDs in VSI
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 08, 2017 04:28 AM

In your case I would suggest you should leverage  DevTest Portal.  The portal has much better search capability when navigating the VSI.  You can even search by providing a complete request.  In the screen capture below you can see that how a transaction can easily be found by providing a particular request argument value. Please go through it and you will find it much easier to quickly navigate to the desired specific transaction. Hope that helps.

• 5.  Re: How to renumber transaction IDs in VSI

Posted Jan 08, 2017 04:47 AM

Thanks Ashutosh. Is there a way to search with transaction ID instead of request argument...

• 6.  Re: How to renumber transaction IDs in VSI

Posted Jan 08, 2017 05:22 AM

The search can't be performed with transaction ID.  Also the ID generation is not guaranteed to be sequential.  Refer this link to see the current available search options.

Use the Search Options in the Virtual Service Editor

• 7.  Re: How to renumber transaction IDs in VSI

Posted Jan 08, 2017 05:55 AM

Thanks Ashutosh!

• 8.  Re: How to renumber transaction IDs in VSI

Posted Jan 08, 2017 01:13 PM

I am not sure if this will make your job easy, first copy match from console (fig2) and pull a match from clipboard option on Image (fig1). This will take you to exact transaction where match has happened. 

fig1

fig2

• 9.  Re: How to renumber transaction IDs in VSI

Posted Jan 09, 2017 08:27 AM

Thank you!