DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

WebService_Rest: How do you call a HTTP GET Request when the parameters set contains a backslash in the URL?

• 1.  WebService_Rest: How do you call a HTTP GET Request when the parameters set contains a backslash in the URL?

Posted Jan 08, 2017 08:49 PM

I realize the web service call would automatically convert the backslash to a forward slash and i dont want that to happen since i am, let's say, monitoring C:\ Drive, Here's the section key i am supposed to call:

http://10.1.2.52/rest/probe/DJ-NIMDOM_domain/DJ-NIMDOM_hub/DJ-NIMDOM/cdm/config/disk/alarm/fixed/C:\/warning/threshold

<key>/disk/alarm/fixed/C:\/warning/threshold</key>

And, the line below shows the results when calling:
    requested resource not found: /DJ-NIMDOM_domain/DJ-NIMDOM_hub/DJ-NIMDOM/cdm - looking for key 'disk/alarm/fixed/C://error/threshold'

Is there a way to solve this if I only want to retrieve this exact information? I do know that it is possible to get all the configurations if i access the config file as a whole, but is there a way to solve this if I only want to retrieve this exact information?

• 2.  Re: WebService_Rest: How do you call a HTTP GET Request when the parameters set contains a backslash in the URL?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 08:30 AM

You want to add the extra options to the existing value in the "options" key, for example, currently you have:

options = -Dfile.encoding=UTF8

You want it to be:

options = -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -Dorg.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.ALLOW_BACKSLASH=true -Dorg.apache.tomcat.util.buf.UDecoder.ALLOW_ENCODED_SLASH=true

(it will all fit on one line). Each -Doption needs to be separated by a space.

• 3.  Re: WebService_Rest: How do you call a HTTP GET Request when the parameters set contains a backslash in the URL?

Posted Jan 19, 2017 08:50 PM

Thanks alot! I really appreciate it!