DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Interview OF CA UIM

Posted Jan 09, 2017 06:00 AM

Hello UIM Consultants

i am working as a Junior UIM consultant  since 1.5 years. Now I have an opportunity from one of the customer to go on UIM implementation if i pass the interview of ca uim which will be taken from the customer next week. Please can you guys post some links/documents or share your knowledge(regarding hubs, probes n all..including the level of monitoring of applications , urls etc etc) which will be beneficial and successful for my interview. 

Many thanks

• 2.  Re: Interview OF CA UIM

Posted Jan 09, 2017 05:29 PM

Take a look at these videos in case you have not, they pretty much cover what you are looking for 

Educate - YouTube 

Make sure you understand the architecture 

CA UIM Architecture Overview - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Basic idea of the various probes/applications UIM Supports 

CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentatio… 

Have a good understanding of Agent and Agent less options of monitoring , advantages and disadvantages of choosing either agent or agent less option 

Basic knowledge of which OS and databases supported would be helpful 

https://support.nimsoft.com/downloads/doc/NMSCompatibility_SupportMatrix_current.pdf 

Probe support info

https://support.nimsoft.com/downloads/doc/Platform_Support_Availability_current.pdf 

Last but not the least , understand Monitoring Governance which is the starting point of any successful implementation 

CA UIM Monitoring Governance - YouTube 

Good Luck with your interview 

• 3.  Re: Interview OF CA UIM

Posted Jan 11, 2017 06:10 AM

Many thanks Phani

Appreciate