Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Not able to open registry

• 1.  Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 03:13 AM

Hi,

i am not able to open lisa registry. I am getting an error as not able to connect to server listener on port 2080.

Could someone please help me out on what needs to be done.

Thanks.

Careyann

• 2.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 03:47 AM

By default, registry is started listening on port 2010. Did you change the default port for the Registry service? 

• 3.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 04:03 AM

Hi Ulrich,

Sorry it says failed to connect to lisa server on port 2010.

• 4.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 06:20 AM

Hi Ulrich,

i get the below error.

Could you please help on the same.

Thanks

• 5.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 06:31 AM

It may help to see the begin of the first occurrence of the exception, not the end. Did you start the Registry as an Administrator ('Run as Administrator')? Is there a reason why you did not install the DevTest services as Windows Services?

• 6.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 07:42 AM

I am running as administrator and this is happening on LISA 7.5

• 7.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 07:54 AM

For diagnosing the problem, we need the begin of the exception trail, not the end. Can you confirm that there is no other Registry service already running (on port 2010)? You are aware of the fact that LISA 7.5 has reached end of support for quite a while (unless you have an extended support agreement in place), aren't you?. Any plans for upgrade?

• 8.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 08:06 AM

i am not able to catch the start of the exception.

There is no other registry running on port 2010.

• 9.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 08:13 AM

Please check if there is a registry.log file in C:\Users\<your windows user id>\lisatmp_7.5 and supply the file. 

• 10.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 08:31 AM

Hi Ulrich,

There is no lisatmp_7.5 file being created in users.

• 11.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 10, 2017 06:28 AM

Hi Ulrich,

This is the error that i get at the start of the exception thread.

• 12.  Re: Not able to open registry
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 10, 2017 08:06 AM

This looks like a common issue with ActiveMQ, its KahaDB and some data corruption in the DB journal. If you search the internet for 'ActiveMQ kahadb eofexception', you will find multiple descriptions of this problem and their potential root causes (disk space shortage is one of them), plus some workarounds. One of the suggested workarounds is the option to move folder 'KahaDB' away to folder 'KahaDB.old', for instance, and to restart the service. You will find 'KahaDB' in <LISA_HOME>\lisatmp_7.5\amq\rpc\<x>\<y>. Make sure that you have disk space available, and backup folder <LISA_HOME>\lisatmp_7.5\amq to restore it in case the problem is not resolved.

• 13.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 10, 2017 08:15 AM

So i should rename my 'KahaDB' as 'KahaDB.old' and restart the service?

• 14.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 10, 2017 08:21 AM

Yes, this is one of the suggestions. However, please backup the entire amq folder first.

• 15.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 12, 2017 03:56 PM

Careyann,

Have you been able to implement Ulrich's recommendations yet? If so, did it resolve this issue?

• 16.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 13, 2017 01:54 AM

Hi Reid,

Yes Ulrich's recommendations helped in solving my problem.

• 17.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 09, 2017 08:49 AM

Hi Careyann,

In reviewing the updates in this Community post, the screenshot you posted earlier shows an error of the registry not being able to start on port 2010. Have you been able to bring up the registry on this machine and it recently stopped working? What is the result of running java -version? If there is a firewall, is port 2010 opened up bi-directionally?

• 18.  Re: Not able to open registry

Posted Jan 10, 2017 02:14 AM

Hi Reid,

i was able to run the registry on this machine before. I am suddenly facing this problem.

I am attaching the log, please tell me if you get any solution.

Thanks.

[LISA AGENT:][INFO][9628][1][main][Tue Jan 10 12:30:14 IST 2017] Command line: java -Dexe4j.isInstall4j=true -Dinstall4j.launcherId=63 -Dexe4j.unextractedPosition=0 -Dinstall4j.swt=false -Xms24m -XX:HeapDumpPath=C:\CA\Lisa\bin\/../tmp -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dexe4j.tempDir= -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dexe4j.consoleCodepage=cp437 -Xmx512m -Dexe4j.semaphoreName=Local\c:_ca_lisa_bin_registry.exe -Djava.security.policy="C:\CA\Lisa\bin\/../LISA.permissions ${LISA_MORE_VM_PROPS}" -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Dexe4j.moduleName=C:\CA\Lisa\bin\Registry.exe -DLISA_HOME=C:\CA\Lisa\bin\/../ -Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\CA\Lisa\bin\/../lib/endorsed -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -DLISA_LOG=registry.log -Dexe4j.processCommFile=C:\Users\bs743q\AppData\Local\Temp\e4j_p9628.tmp -Djava.library.path="C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\sigar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;c:\Program Files\Symantec\Workspace Virtualization\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\;C:\Program Files\1E\NomadBranch\;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;c:\ca\lisa\jre\bin" -classpath "C:\CA\Lisa\.install4j\i4jruntime.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-acl-api.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-acl.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-agent.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-annotations.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-cloud.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-core.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-editor.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-esb.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-glass-core.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-httpweb.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-invoke.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-j2ee.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-mobile.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-modules.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-pfcorebridge.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-reporting.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-swift.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-virtualize.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-vse-byop.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\bin\lisa-ws-xml.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-core.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-esb.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-httpweb.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-j2ee.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-jmx.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-editor.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-reporting.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-virtualize.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-ws-xml.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-acl.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\axis-saaj.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\bcprov-jdk15on-147.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\bsh-2.0b4.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\c3p0-0.9.2.1.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\com.ibm.dhbcore.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\com.ibm.mq.commonservices.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\com.ibm.mq.defaultconfig.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\com.ibm.mq.headers.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\com.ibm.mq.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\com.ibm.mq.jmqi.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\com.ibm.mq.pcf.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\com.ibm.mqjms.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\connector.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\itko-cb2xml.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\javax.ejb-api.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\javax.servlet-3.0.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\jdbridge.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\jms.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\jode-1.1.2.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\lisa-jmx.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\lisaint2.0.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\lisajdbcsim.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\mail-1.4.4.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\mchange-commons-java-0.2.3.4.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\mockrunner-jdbc.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\sablecc.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\swing-layout-1.0.3.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\web20bridge.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\wife.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\xom-1.2.10.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-acl-api.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-acl.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-agent.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-annotations.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-cloud.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-core.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-editor.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-esb.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-httpweb.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-invoke.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-j2ee.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-jdbc-sim-jar.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-jdbridge.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-jmx.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-lisa-glass-core.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-mobile.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-modules.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-pfcorebridge.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-reporting.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-swift.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-virtualize.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-vse-byop.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-web20.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\_misc-ws-xml.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\endorsed\resolver-2.9.1.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\endorsed\serializer-2.9.1.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\endorsed\xalan-2.7.1.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\endorsed\xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar;C:\CA\Lisa\bin\..\lib\endorsed\xml-apis-2.9.1.jar;" com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher
    [LISA AGENT:][INFO][9628][1][main][Tue Jan 10 12:30:14 IST 2017] Agent Log Path: H:\lisatmp_7.5\lisa_agent_9628.log
    [LISA AGENT:][INFO][9628][1][main][Tue Jan 10 12:30:14 IST 2017] Logging to system out: true
    [LISA AGENT:][INFO][9628][1][main][Tue Jan 10 12:30:14 IST 2017] Setting datasource to LisaWrappedDataSource [delegate=com.mchange.v2.c3p0.PoolBackedDataSource@1db77cf4 [ connectionPoolDataSource -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.WrapperConnectionPoolDataSource@568db41e [ acquireIncrement -> 1, acquireRetryAttempts -> 30, acquireRetryDelay -> 1000, autoCommitOnClose -> false, automaticTestTable -> null, breakAfterAcquireFailure -> false, checkoutTimeout -> 0, connectionCustomizerClassName -> null, connectionTesterClassName -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.DefaultConnectionTester, debugUnreturnedConnectionStackTraces -> false, factoryClassLocation -> null, forceIgnoreUnresolvedTransactions -> false, identityToken -> 11i1wsk9l11i8wx8w30hks|f52df4, idleConnectionTestPeriod -> 5, initialPoolSize -> 0, maxAdministrativeTaskTime -> 0, maxConnectionAge -> 0, maxIdleTime -> 45, maxIdleTimeExcessConnections -> 0, maxPoolSize -> 10, maxStatements -> 0, maxStatementsPerConnection -> 0, minPoolSize -> 0, nestedDataSource -> com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DriverManagerDataSource@6c29fc28 [ description -> null, driverClass -> null, factoryClassLocation -> null, identityToken -> 11i1wsk9l11i8wx8w30hks|15d20e0, jdbcUrl -> jdbc:derby://HVDIVD00CAS0264:1528/database/lisa.db;create=true, properties -> {user=******, password=******} ], preferredTestQuery -> null, propertyCycle -> 0, statementCacheNumDeferredCloseThreads -> 0, testConnectionOnCheckin -> false, testConnectionOnCheckout -> false, unreturnedConnectionTimeout -> 0, usesTraditionalReflectiveProxies -> false; userOverrides: {} ], dataSourceName -> null, factoryClassLocation -> null, identityToken -> 11i1wsk9l11i8wx8w30hks|1cc4e72, numHelperThreads -> 3 ]]
    [LISA AGENT:B][INFO][9628][1][main][Tue Jan 10 12:30:15 IST 2017] Started Broker tcp://0.0.0.0:2009?daemon=true
    [LISA AGENT:B][INFO][9628][1][main][Tue Jan 10 12:30:15 IST 2017] Persistence Directory is C:\CA\Lisa
    [LISA AGENT:B][INFO][9628][1][main][Tue Jan 10 12:30:15 IST 2017] Version: 7.5.0.1156
    [LISA AGENT:BC][INFO][9628][1][main][Tue Jan 10 12:30:15 IST 2017] Connection to vm://localhost established...
    [LISA AGENT:BC][INFO][9628][64][ActiveMQ Session Task][Tue Jan 10 12:30:15 IST 2017] Agent online: [ID: -1655042928][NAME: Broker:bs743q@HVDIVD00CAS0264.ITServices.sbc.com][IP: 135.40.98.68][MC: com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher][PID: 9628]
    [LISA AGENT:BC][INFO][9628][64][ActiveMQ Session Task][Tue Jan 10 12:30:16 IST 2017] Checking LISA Agent schema

Careyann

• 19.  Re: Not able to open registry

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 04:38 PM

What I suggest is to bring down your LISA components.

Delete the lisatmp_7.5.1 folder the logs are being written to.

Start the Registry again to see if you are still getting the error.

If this is still an error I suggest you open a support case so we can triage further.