Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Command to export import via GMU

Posted Jan 10, 2017 04:20 AM

Hello All,

I have tried to export/import a service from my Dev environment to another environment but my command is not working. Can someone please provide the correct example for migrating a service from one environment to another.

Command I tried:

GatewayMigrationUtility.bat browse -h HOSTNAME -u admin  --plaintextPassword xyz --trustHostname --trustCertificate --showIds migrateOut --dest C:/Users/xyz/Desktop/mixed.xml --serviceName  /service1

Thanks

Praty

• 2.  Re: Command to export import via GMU
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 10, 2017 04:48 AM

pratysin

To extract policies (backup) -f directory will break it down to different directories within the bundle_all1 folder.

GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateOut --a --host 10.151.21.186 --username admin --plaintextPassword 7layer -dest bundle_all1 -plaintextEncryptionPassphrase 7layer -trustCertificate --trustHostname -f directory

To publish them back (restore)
    GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateIn -b /home/ssgconfig/abc.xml --host hostname --username admin --plaintextPassword 7layer -plaintextEncryptionPassphrase 7layer -trustCertificate --trustHostname --results results.xml

Regards

Seenu Mathew

• 3.  Re: Command to export import via GMU

Posted Jan 11, 2017 12:48 AM

Thanks alot Seenu. 

Also when I am trying to import the results.xml is getting save in my GMU folder. So how we can import to the gateway.

Do we need any other command to fulfill this or we need to use "Import" option from Policy manager. Please help.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

• 4.  Re: Command to export import via GMU

Posted Jan 13, 2017 10:52 AM

The second half of Seenu's post is what you use to import the XML to a gateway:

To publish them back (restore)
    GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateIn -b /home/ssgconfig/abc.xml --host hostname --username admin --plaintextPassword 7layer -plaintextEncryptionPassphrase 7layer -trustCertificate --trustHostname --results results.xml

• 5.  Re: Command to export import via GMU

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 05:35 PM

Hi pratysin ,

There is a gmu.log file under gmu install folder, what do you find in the gmu.log? And what's the messages on screen output?

Regards,

Mark