Clarity

• 1.  Budgeted Plan related table in DWH

Posted Jan 10, 2017 05:48 AM

Hello All,

I have tried searching for Budgeted Plan details in DWH and got know it is showing recently approved Budget plan in DWH_INV_SUMMARY_FACTS , where there are few other Budget plans which are Rejected which i need to bring them in my report. (Example:- there are 4 rejected plans and 3 approved plans where only 1 plan is checked for Current)

Could you please let me know which table we will find all the Budget plans.
    Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Budgeted Plan related table in DWH

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2017 09:50 AM

Hi Santosh

Please check the table DWH_FIN_PLAN, it will contain the Cost and Budget plans and you should then be able to join with DWH_FIN_PLAN_SUMMARY_FACTS or DWH_FIN_PLAN_PERIOD_FACTS.

As you didn't specify your CA PPM version, please make sure that if don't have this flag enabled in PPM - Administration - System Options -Data Warehouse Options, this will reduce the number of financial plans brought to DWH:

Also, for more information about all the DWH tables, check the documentation here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/en/administration/reference/technical-reference

You can check the ERD and "CA PPM Advanced Reporting and Database Schema Index" link referenced, it will get to the download page for the zip file with all schema information.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 3.  Re: Budgeted Plan related table in DWH

Posted Jan 11, 2017 02:09 AM

CA PPM version which we are using is   14.4.0.234 01 24

Here there is no such option which is shown in your reply

• 4.  Re: Budgeted Plan related table in DWH

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2017 09:43 AM

Hi Santosh,

Okay then it's all good, just go ahead and check on the tables and the documentation.

Thanks -Nika

• 5.  Re: Budgeted Plan related table in DWH

Posted Jan 12, 2017 06:34 AM

Hi Nika,

I didn't understand what you said, where should i check for the tables and documentation.

• 6.  Re: Budgeted Plan related table in DWH

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 09:43 AM

Hi Santosh,

On your question, what I said is to try querying the table DWH_FIN_PLAN: if you need more of the data join it with DWH_FIN_PLAN_SUMMARY_FACTS or DWH_FIN_PLAN_PERIOD_FACTS. This should help you.

For additional information about these tables above or any other Data Warehouse of CA PPM tables and the fields they contain:

1. Connect to https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/en/administration/reference/technical-reference
    2. Click on CA PPM Advanced Reporting and Database Schema Index
    3. In the list, find your exact Clarity PPM version
    4. In Content column download the Data Warehouse Database Schema
    5. Open the zip file, extract it to a folder
    6. Navigate to index.html, open it with browser and look for the information you need.

I hope this helps -Nika

• 7.  Re: Budgeted Plan related table in DWH

Posted Jan 12, 2017 10:33 AM

Thanks Nika.