Clarity

• 1.  Xog out attachments

Posted Jan 11, 2017 02:43 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to Xog out files those are stored in idea object. I am using the XOG that is below. the original file name is "BR doc.txt". Output is in the structure of how PPM stores the file. Is there a way to get with the original name or rename it via Gel?  Also the path(\clarity\files\003\005\); is it standart always?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
    <Header version="8.0" action="read" objectType="idea" externalSource="NIKU">
    <args name="documentLocation" value="C:\CAPPM\filetrans"/>
    </Header>
    <Query>
    <Filter name="objectID" criteria="EQUALS">REQ-0000000083</Filter>
    </Query>
    </NikuDataBus>

File info stored in objectXog Out

• 2.  Re: Xog out attachments
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 13, 2017 03:04 AM

I could not find any answer. But what I have understood is; if you are storing the files on the file system XOG out will only create a copy of the existing file structure. So, you do not need to XOG out if you are storing files in the file system instead of DB. in my case I am moving attachment from idea to project and reading from filestore directory.

Also my naming requirement is solved by file version Id. When Xoging in, PPM finds the file with version id the its own folder sturucture if you give the filestore directory for parent tag in the xml.

Regards