DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UMP not responding

Posted Jan 11, 2017 04:23 AM

Hello Team

we have done fresh installation of ump. While trying to login ump, its just loading the items and nothing appears.

What could be the reason?

• 2.  Re: UMP not responding

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2017 05:07 AM

Hi La-Qa,

First try a different browser and from different system. Try to cold restart the wasp probe and clear browser cache memory before retrying and check the status and that you don't have any failure in any other probe that the USM needs to load properly (wasp, nas, trellis, discovery_server). Check if the the connection between UIM and the the backend DB is working as expected. If it never loads  after a restart try to catch if there's any error or warning in the following logs:

/probe/service/wasp/portal.log

/probe/service/wasp/wasp.log

/probe/service/trellis/trellis.log

probe/service/nas/nas.log

If you see any error there, try to search by keywords in our UIM KB:

CA Unified Infrastructure Management 

• 3.  Re: UMP not responding

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2017 08:39 AM

Your might also want to review the following Knowledge Document:

TEC1044656 : UMP USM portlet is stuck loading

• 4.  Re: UMP not responding

Posted Jan 12, 2017 03:11 AM

Hi Kathryn

I followed the steps as mentioned in kb. but the issue still persist. 

• 5.  Re: UMP not responding

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 09:10 AM

La-Qa -

It sounds like you may need to open a support case to track this down.  To expedite this, change the wasp and udm_manager probes' loglevel to 5 and logsize to 10000.  Apply the changes and restart the probes.  Recreate the problem, then when you open the case provide the following for review:

- wasp.cfg

- wasp.log

- _wasp.log (if the file exists)

- portal.log

- portal.log.1 (if the file exists)

- udm_manager.cfg

- udm_manager.log

- _udm_manager.log (if the file exists)

I would also recommend changing the loglevel of the udm_manager back to its original value since loglevel 5 will cause performance issues for this probe.  Include your UIM Server version and the version of these 2 probes when you open the case.

• 6.  Re: UMP not responding

Posted Jan 12, 2017 09:21 AM

Many thanks Kathryn

• 7.  Re: UMP not responding

Posted Jan 13, 2017 02:43 AM

Hi KathyMaguire

While performing the steps as guided in the link. i can see discovery server probe and udm_manager probe is in red color. having status error. Also i cannot see trellis probe anywhere.

PLease advise

• 8.  Re: UMP not responding

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2017 07:59 AM

Looks like you have a bigger problem than just UMP not coming up. The red probes are dependent to the data_engine, so there probably an issue with the Database server or the connection to it. Also, looks like you are installing an unsupported version of UIM/UMP <8.31.  (I can see deprecated probes such as dashboard_engine). If you want to fix this install you will have to bring the data_engine back up and running and then restart all the red probes. However, I suggest you install one of the latest and supported version of UIM.

• 9.  Re: UMP not responding

Posted Jan 13, 2017 08:25 AM

Hi Marco

Many thanks. its better to switch to higher version. Can you please provide exact link of uim 8.5 or 8.4 dump to download.

• 10.  Re: UMP not responding

Posted Jan 13, 2017 08:36 AM