venkateswarlu v

venkateswarlu vJan 11, 2017 05:58 AM

• 1.  Delayed Server Response

Posted Jan 11, 2017 05:49 AM

Hi,

Service Desk 12.9

SQL Server

Advanced availability architecture 

We have been facing issue. .i.e Delayed server response frequently,I' m here to understand  why and what causes this error and how to investigate to find out the root cause of this issue so , that i can work on this to fix it permanently.

Thank you,

• 2.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Posted Jan 11, 2017 05:53 AM

Do you face this problem with all browsers or just google chrome?

• 3.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Posted Jan 11, 2017 05:58 AM

Noticed that the issue is across all the browsers.

• 4.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Posted Jan 11, 2017 06:03 AM

Did you tried to install EXPECTED_WEB_RESPONSE option on all servers e.g.

pdm_options_mgr -c -s EXPECTED_WEB_RESPONSE -v 60 -a pdm_option.inst 

• 5.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Posted Jan 11, 2017 06:21 AM

Yes, I can see  this option in NX.env file  in all servers  @NX_EXPECTED_WEB_RESPONSE=60

• 6.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2017 12:31 PM

There are many potential causes for the 'Delayed Server Response' message (i.e SDM configuration, network latency, server performance, DB performance etc)

We would need to gather a lot more information to determine the cause.

If you have not already done so, I would recommend opening an official support ticket with CA Support.

• 7.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2017 01:21 PM

At the highest level the message typically indicates that something is taking a longer time than expected to complete. We see the issue a lot in relation to network latency or very large or complex queries completing. The NX_EXPECTED_WEB_RESPONSE is adjusted as a way to increase the time before the message displays or disable it completely (more info here: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1200339.html )

Review of the logs would be necessary to see if there is a problem with the application, but you may also want to make sure network connectivity and the usage of the system isn't playing a factor (once again, very complex queries or queries that are retrieve a large amount of data).

• 8.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Posted Jan 12, 2017 07:45 AM

I do agree with Alex Perretti. The primary root cause of delayed server response is long running complex queries. Also a large mdb database may cause this issue occasionally. So you may have two way approaches. First try/plan to run archive and purge your mdb database which will certainly give some positive influence on the performance. In parallel , take help from your monitoring team to monitor the log files, which may give you indication of some long running queries, which are creating performance bottle neck for ServiceDesk environment. It could be a pattern monitor where the queries are running for more than 10/15 minutes. Then you need to look back into the origin of those queries and do some performance tuning on those SQLs.

Obviously it's not a one day show. Also try to see if it's a server specific issue. Monitor the webstat result also helps sometime. I just shared my experience to deal with this.

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 9.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Posted Jan 12, 2017 09:35 AM

Exactly I am under the same impression that the volume of data that mdb has impacting and the long run sql queries also causing the issue.

Is there way to check the network connectivity / traffic between application , DB host or end user location ?

• 10.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 09:47 AM

There aren't any tools built into Service Desk Manager to monitor network traffic. You may want to consult with your dba to see what logging can be enabled to see what queries are taking abnormally long to complete, and also consult with a network engineer to determine there's no potential bottleneck.

• 11.  Re: Delayed Server Response
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 12, 2017 09:57 AM

In our investigation we've found some long running and blocked sql queries in sql databse which are consuming high resources.

The only other area we have to investigate is on network level to see if there is any potential issues.

• 12.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Posted Jan 12, 2017 10:10 AM

Check following article for SQL performance issue

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec580653.html 

pay special attention to the number of  MIN and MAX sql agents set in your NX file, if pdm_vdbinfo shows that there are queued db queries you should increase the number of agents in configuration.

• 13.  Re: Delayed Server Response

Posted Jan 12, 2017 11:49 PM

Hi Venkateswarlu,

1. Add NX_SREL_BLOCKS_TIMEOUT=30 in all the NX.env

2. Disable monitor_joins, i.e NX_MONITOR_JOINS=No

3. Increase values for DBAgents (NX_MIN_DBAGENT and NX_MAX_DBAGENT)

4. Checkout this tech doc#: TEC1017745 (https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1017745.html)

Hope this helps...

Kind Regards,

Brian