Test Data Manager

• 1.  Repeat row for specific table

Posted Jan 11, 2017 08:25 AM

Hi ,

I  have below test data has to be generated using data maker, currently i am having multiple entries in my data pool i know which is not standard practice. i want to make my script to be in a single row that which generates multiple rows, please suggest me any functions

My output should be

sno    Line_No   count   Item_No   child_Sno 

123      0                4        1876765        0

124      1                0         2900847      123

125      2                0         8767377       123

126      3                0         5454545       123

127      4                0        7878787       123

describe of above columns

sno-we have our own oracle procedure we call using function @execproc which returns next value of that sequence

Line_No- since these are static values we are hard coding

count: every time where column line_no=0 then column count  row should have count of below entries, in my case below count of entries are 4 those which are having value zeros

item_no:These are static, i am hardcoding but order shouldn't change with respective adjacent columns

child_sno: when column line_no=0 then child_sno row value should have 0, remaining entries should have first column value of sno column

Hopefully i have explained clearly, can you suggest how can i make my script more compact and smart.

Thanks,

Satish.

• 2.  Re: Repeat row for specific table
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 11, 2017 04:52 PM

Hi Satish, 

This question will require help from CA Services or Pre-Sales to give you a custom solution for your implementation of TDM. 

Please reach out to your CA Account Manager and they will be able to provide a resource to help you with this. If you do not know who your account manager is, you can call CA Customer Care at one of these numbers: Contact CA Support - CA Technologies 

If you would like more input from other TDM users, I would suggest changing this post from a 'Question' to a 'Discussion'. 

Best regards,

Taylor