CA Service Management

• 1.  Unable to connect to the database through business intelligence

Posted Jan 12, 2017 02:25 AM

Hello,

I have been attempting to run reports of CA Service Desk's tickets through Business intelligence. Though, the error I encounter is the following:

I have searched through the error code (WIS 10901), though I haven't found anything helpful.

What could I do to resolve it?

Regards,

• 2.  Re: Unable to connect to the database through business intelligence

Posted Jan 12, 2017 03:56 AM

Hi Mohammed,

What is the BOXI version in question?

Based on the error it appears the credentials passed to the BOXI report are incorrect. I assume you are accessing the report via Service Desk's Reports tab. 

Are you able to login directly to InfoView with same credentials you login to Service Desk GUI?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Unable to connect to the database through business intelligence

Posted Jan 12, 2017 04:41 AM

Hello Brian,

BOXI's version would be 12.5.

If the credentials passed are incorrect, how could I change them? I'll double check if they are the ones I have or not.

I am accessing it through Web intelligence rich client.

In regards to the InfoView, I can't log in there.

Regards,

• 4.  Re: Unable to connect to the database through business intelligence

Posted Jan 12, 2017 05:37 AM

Hi Mohammed,

I suggest you login to the CMC (Central Management Console) with an Admin user make sure the user exists or reset it password if it exists. 

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: Unable to connect to the database through business intelligence

Posted Jan 15, 2017 01:40 AM

Hello,

I was able to login with the admin user, and attempted to reset the password of the user that accesses the web intelligence rich client. 

Though, I still get the same error whenever I attempt to run a query. 

I am starting to think this is related to the credentials of the database that the universe uses. How could I change these credentials?

Regards,

Mohammed

• 6.  Re: Unable to connect to the database through business intelligence

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2017 12:50 PM

There are a couple of places to check:

1.  On the CABI server, open the ODBC control panel and test the CABI-SDM ODBC connection (starts with casdm_<SDM hostname>) with the 'ServiceDesk' user credentials.  If it fails, you need to update the user credentials

2.  Open the Universe Designer and open the CA ServiceDesk OOTB Universe.  Open TOOLS-CONNECTIONS and ensure that the CASD ODBC connection tested in step #1 is being used.  Test the connection.  If it fails, you need to update the user credentials