CA Service Management

• 1.  How To Remove Priority From Change Order Form Or Have It Equal Impact?

Posted Jan 12, 2017 05:07 PM

Our organisation only wants to use impact for Change Orders.

The option to untick priority from being required is greyed out, is there a way I could make the priority equal the impact on every Change Order created.

Thanks Stuart

SDM 12.9

• 2.  Re: How To Remove Priority From Change Order Form Or Have It Equal Impact?

Posted Jan 12, 2017 05:20 PM

Might try this method, but would prefer not to mess with the schema trigger

http://greggsmith.net/wiki/index.php?title=Set_Priority_Based_on_Urgency_and_Impact

• 3.  Re: How To Remove Priority From Change Order Form Or Have It Equal Impact?

Posted Jan 13, 2017 10:42 AM

Hi Stuart,

If you want priority to always equal the impact, have you considered redefining priority calculation to do that?  You can find the documentation on that here: How to Set Priority Calculation - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation.  This solution would cause less issues than customizations or removing spel triggers.  Let me know if you would like me to expand on anything.

Regards,

Marty

• 4.  Re: How To Remove Priority From Change Order Form Or Have It Equal Impact?

Posted Jan 15, 2017 10:59 PM

Hi Marty, sorry I should have mentioned I'm using 12.9, is it possible to apply the priority calculation to just Change Order tickets?

• 5.  Re: How To Remove Priority From Change Order Form Or Have It Equal Impact?

Posted Jan 16, 2017 05:59 AM

Hi Stuart,

Yes, you can configure the system such that the Priority Calculation is only applicable to Change Order tickets only. You would just need to uncheck\unticked the ticket types you do not want this to apply to on the same and leave the Change Order one ticked on the same place as Marty.Malecki directed you to.

Kind Regards,

Brian