ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  CA7 ARFSET Complete VRM

Posted Jan 12, 2017 02:03 PM

Has anyone been successful in setting up a CA7 ARFSET that would issue a Free of a resource?   I know you can add this to the JCL, but we would rather perform this all under CA7 rather than having the application team add the step at the end of the application JCL.   Thank you,

• 2.  Re: CA7 ARFSET Complete VRM

Posted Sep 28, 2017 02:33 PM

the issue here is 'WHEN' would you execute the ARFSET--in other words, ARF can fire when a job goes late, when a job is submitting, when the job ends or when a step ends--none of those would be applicable to when you might want to FREE a resource

• 3.  Re: CA7 ARFSET Complete VRM

Posted Oct 05, 2017 08:52 AM

When I have a block of jobs that has the resource lock, I want to be able free the resource at the end of the last job completion.  If I can do it within a ARF condition code check of the last job, then I would like issue a free of resource rather than having the application team to make changes to the job itself.   however I have not been successful in setting up this ARF condition/definition. But maybe I am trying to use ARF in a abstruse way that it was not defined to be used in successful job execution, rather than ARF is to be used in an unsuccessful condition to perform x action against a failed job defined with an ARFSET?

• 4.  Re: CA7 ARFSET Complete VRM

Posted Oct 05, 2017 03:35 PM

Phon -

Let me see if I understand: 

• You have 3 jobs ("A", "B", "C")
    • They are either running at the same time or in no particular order.
    • You want to release the resource when the last one finishes.

Is that what you are trying to do?

- Don

• 5.  Re: CA7 ARFSET Complete VRM

Posted Sep 29, 2017 04:06 PM

Can you give an example of what you're trying to do?  My understanding is that resources free up when the job ends.

- Don