Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Import XML file via GMU utility

Posted Jan 12, 2017 11:41 PM

Hi All,

I tried to import the policy from one environment to anther via GMU Utility. When i tried GMU to import the policy, the results.xml is getting save in my GMU folder in my desktop. So shall I need to use import option in Policy Manager or any other way to import from GMU utility folder "C:\Users\SINPRAT\Desktop\GatewayMigrationUtility-1.3.00" to target gateway.

Thanks

Praty

• 2.  Re: Import XML file via GMU utility

Posted Jan 13, 2017 03:53 AM

Hi pratysin,

Once you have exported using GMU, you use the following command to import.

GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateIn -b /home/ssgconfig/<filename> --host hostname --username admin --plaintextPassword 7layer -plaintextEncryptionPassphrase 7layer -trustCertificate --trustHostname --results results.xml

Regards

Seenu Mathew

• 3.  Re: Import XML file via GMU utility

Posted Jan 23, 2017 01:21 AM

Thanks for your reply Seenu.

Can you please let me know whats the path name indicates: /home/ssgconfig/filename

Also what filename are you referring.

Also i m facing below error:

Execution failed. Reason: Error loading bundle '/home/ssgconfig/migrate1.xml'

Thanks alot in advance.

• 4.  Re: Import XML file via GMU utility
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 23, 2017 04:03 AM

Hi Pratyush,

This is the command I used for extracting the policy. The resulting file was used.

GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateOut --a --host <Gateway hostname> --username admin --plaintextPassword 7layer -dest <folder_name> -plaintextEncryptionPassphrase 7layer -trustCertificate --trustHostname -f directory

The -f breaks down the policy into individual assertion files.

Regards

Seenu Mathew

• 5.  Re: Import XML file via GMU utility

Posted Jan 23, 2017 04:31 AM

Thanks Seenu, I am able to export (by using migrateOut) but I am still stuck with import (migrateIn) as whenever I am trying its giving me the error as : Execution failed. Reason: Error loading bundle '/home/ssgconfig/migrate1.xml'.

I need to import the XML(policy) directly to the target gateway.

Thanks alot for your patience. 

• 6.  Re: Import XML file via GMU utility

Posted Jan 24, 2017 04:58 AM

Thank you pratysin, I see you have created a new thread with the new error.