This document can also be viewed at https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1931513.html
By default all Fast Data Masker (FDM) logs are located in C:\%AppData%\Roaming\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker\Logs. Some customers are unable to use this folder and would like to change the location. You are able to change the log file location in the FDM GUI. This document will outline how you can do this.
To change the location of where the FDM logs are stored, you will need to do the following:
- In FDM, click on the 'Options' tab in the toolbar.
- Locate the 'LOGDIR' row.
- In the 'Value' column, enter the file path you would like the FDM log files to be sent to.
- By default all Fast Data Masker (FDM) logs are located in C:\%AppData%\Roaming\Grid-Tools\FastDataMasker\Logs.
- Complete your masking rules and run a masking job.
- Go to the file path you set in 'LOGDIR' options.
- Your FDM log files should now appear in this location.
If you face any issues or have any questions about the steps, please open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/newhome or by calling customer care at http://www3.ca.com/us/support/customer-assistance.aspx.