Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

Update to Quick Detail View

• 1.  Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Jan 13, 2017 11:49 AM

We’ve received your feedback on our new Quick Detail feature, and are working hard to incorporate your suggestions to provide a better experience.  Please review the below change which will be released on Tuesday, January 17. 

Sometimes you need to do more than just edit the details!  We will continue to offer both full and quick options to provide you the functionality that you need for the specific work that you are doing.

For those occasions when you want additional information on a work item, we want to make that easier to find. (ex: children, discussions). In the below screenshot, you can see that we moved the icons (former tabs) to the top of the page.

We also know that there are times when you select quick detail, and then realize that you really wanted full detail, so we have enabled a transition between quick and full detail based on setting.

Thanks to ValZolyak and baral20

• 2.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Jan 23, 2017 07:04 PM

I have been waiting for my user account to get QDP. I have a colleague that has it, but I did not.  Today it finally worked.  Then I clicked that "transition between quick and full" button you show above and was taken to the EDP.   The problem is now I know longer ca get to QDP.  When I click on an item it is back to EDP as always.  How can I get QDP back?

• 3.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Jan 24, 2017 10:03 AM

Hey Seth, you can click the toggle over on the right side of the EDP page, next to the "Watch" button: 

Let me know if that helps!

• 4.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Jan 25, 2017 11:21 PM

yup I found it soon after posting this... :-)

• 5.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Feb 02, 2017 02:00 PM

The toggle to switch between EDP and QDP was available previously, but today it is no longer on visible on the EDP.  Help!  I liked being able to toggle between the two views depending on what I was working on.

• 6.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Feb 02, 2017 04:03 PM

Hi there - it sounds like something may have changed yesterday that removed it, but it should now be back. Please verify and let us know!

• 7.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Feb 02, 2017 02:48 PM

I also like the toggle option, but no longer have it.  I'm stuck now with a full page view.  Where'd it go?

• 8.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Feb 02, 2017 04:03 PM

Hi there - it sounds like something may have changed yesterday that removed it, but it should now be back. Please verify and let us know!

• 9.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Feb 02, 2017 04:05 PM

It's back!  Thank you!!!

• 10.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Feb 03, 2017 11:47 AM

It's working again.  Thanks.

• 11.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Apr 04, 2018 12:53 PM

Not able to view full screen, extremely annoying Quick View sidebar won't go away and toggle is disable. Please HELP!!!

• 12.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Apr 04, 2018 02:15 PM

I cannot turn off QDP from a test case either.  Should I be able to?  Additionally I cannot click the TC2531 yet one of my co-workers can and is taken to old legacy edit page.  

• 13.  Re: Update to Quick Detail View

Posted Jun 12, 2018 04:40 PM

Hello,

I like the QDP, it makes for some real quick overview and edits. But I don't see the option to "convert to portfolio item" in case of user stories. Nor do I see the "Split" option there. 

Any idea if those would get added to the view?

Regards,

Nivi