DX NetOps

• 1.  NCM storing of configs from Infoblox Devices?

Posted Jan 13, 2017 03:47 PM

Hi All,

Has anybody used NCM to Store configurations form a device called Infoblox NT1400.  If you have, would you mind sharing how you went about doing it?

TIA

• 2.  Re: NCM storing of configs from Infoblox Devices?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 06, 2017 11:12 AM

Hello Patrick,

NCM cant do this out of the box, but you should be able to create a custom perl script for this.

I have had a look at http://dloads.infoblox.com/direct/appliance/NIOS/NIOS_AdminGuide_6.10.pdf and from page 423 onwards, it details which specs are needed and how to go about getting the config. It may just be easier to configure the automatic backup function and have it send it to the TFTP server you use for all other NCM captures.

Hope this helps.

Dencel

• 3.  Re: NCM storing of configs from Infoblox Devices?

Posted Feb 06, 2017 11:28 AM

Hi Dencel,

Does the infoblox send the automatic backup as tftp protocol? The other thing is where would it be stored on the SpectroServer.  I am running Linux SpectroServers and I can't seem to be able to locate where such a capture would be stored. Its my understanding that when NCM pulls a config during the capture process it is stored in the Spectrum Database which is only accessible through the Oneclick client.

Patrick

• 4.  Re: NCM storing of configs from Infoblox Devices?

Posted Feb 06, 2017 02:55 PM

pmurt, OneClick allows you to define the TFTP default directory on the configuration manager's information tab. We regularly access these directories to further backup configs or to transfer to other systems that utilize the configs.

• 5.  Re: NCM storing of configs from Infoblox Devices?

Posted Feb 07, 2017 08:53 AM

Hi Patrick,

Have a look at page 424 of the NIOS Admin guide. There is a section called "Automatically Backing Up Data Files",  this should be all you need. As Karl pointed out above, use your default TFTP directory as the destination, then you can have all your configs together and copy to a different backup location if needed.

• 6.  RE: Re: NCM storing of configs from Infoblox Devices?

Posted Jan 03, 2024 08:12 AM

does anyone have the pear script for doing this?

• 7.  RE: Re: NCM storing of configs from Infoblox Devices?

Posted Jan 08, 2024 02:50 AM

You can use as reference the existing scripts and modify them according to your specific needs. There are some OpenSSH scripts available out of the box. Most probably you can adapt those to your specific case.

------------------------------
    Cătălin Fărcășanu
    Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks
    ------------------------------