CA Service Management

• 1.  Approver of Service Catalog Service

Posted Jan 13, 2017 04:37 PM

Dear all,
    Is there a way to send the request for approval  to the supervisor of a user  selected  in the form or force the  requested_for with a user selected in the form on submit ( if the service includes a Submit button and not a shopping cart!). 

Regards

Dario

• 2.  Re: Approver of Service Catalog Service

Posted Jan 13, 2017 05:26 PM

Hi Dario,

Few possible options I could think of:

1) If the list of users in the form is short you could leverage policies to assign the approvals based on the form data:

Conditions Based on the Fields of Form Designer Forms - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

2) Create a PAM process in which you either pass the form data to PAM via form_data_sd/form_data_sd_row event parameters or call getFormRateItemValues Web Service method from your PAM process to get the data. You can then call getUser Web Service method to grab the manager and then assign the approval task. 

For more information on passing the form data:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/using/service-catalog-management/manage-events-rules-actions/event-parameters

And for more information on getFormRateItemValues and getUser you can refer to Administration > Tools > Links > Web Services API > Request Web Service and User Web Service.

Thanks,
    Jason

• 3.  Re: Approver of Service Catalog Service

Posted Jan 15, 2017 04:04 AM

Thanks.

My problem is the default behavior is that the supervisor of $req_for_user_id$ is the approver  and I can not change it
    (Enough for me to change it with a user of the form before the system determines the approver)
    In my case, if I well understand I could:
    1)Add e new  field in the form in witch I directly insert the login of the approver
    2) select 'Policy driven approval'

Then to send the request for approval to this 'approver',  Do I have to use a policy or an event?

If I use instead the approval task to ITPAM the approval it is from Catalog or ITPAM?

Thank you
    Dario

• 4.  Re: Approver of Service Catalog Service

Posted Jan 18, 2017 12:37 PM

Hi Dario,

I would recommend taking a look at the following which outlines the differences between policies and events-rules-actions and may give you a better idea how to proceed:

Use Policies to Manage Requests - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

To answer your first question, if you are using policy driven approval for your offering then you would need a policy which would assign the approval task. That being said, policy engine does require an event-rule-action:

Use Policies to Manage Requests - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Also, if you use events-rules-actions to invoke a PAM process to assign the approval task (using assignPendingAction web service method), the approval is done in Catalog.

Thanks,
    Jason

• 5.  Re: Approver of Service Catalog Service

Posted Jan 16, 2017 03:23 AM

Dear All.

My problem is that the default behavior is that the supervisor of $req_for_user_id$ is the  default approver  and I can not change it (Enough for me to change it with a user of the form before the system determines the approver) In my case, if I  understand correctly I could do:

1)Add e new  field in the form in witch I directly insert the login of the approver
    2) select 'Policy driven approval'

Then to send the request for approval to this 'approver',  Do I have to use a policy or an event?

If I use instead the approval task to ITPAM the approval it is from Catalog or ITPAM?

Thank you
    Dario