DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Time over threshold on QOS from script.

Posted Jan 15, 2017 01:31 AM

Hello, 

I'm using Queue_check script (QueueCheck LUA script v2.2 ) to monitor the system's queues.

The script creates QOS and alarms.

I would like to add TOT alarms on some of the QOS from the script. 

Is it possible ? 

Thanks,

Amit

• 2.  Re: Time over threshold on QOS from script.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2017 03:12 PM

I would think this is not possible with a script unless you build the logic into the script itself.

Currently TOT is handled by the baseline_engine and nas.

I am not sure how you would get the script to interact with these probes to get TOT to work the way it does for normal probes.

Might want to post on the link for those custom probes to see if they have an idea of how to include this

• 3.  Re: Time over threshold on QOS from script.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 17, 2017 05:24 PM

baseline_engine has the probe callbacks _add_thresholds and _add_baselines. I've used the similar callbacks with prediction_engine and they seem to work fine. You will give up the ability to edit these settings via admin_console since it appears that admin console keeps it's own copy of what these settings are instead of asking the probe for the data even though there's a callback for that too.

Since these aren't documented, you will need to play with them to get it to work.

I would love to know what you find out as I'll be doing this too once all the defects in the way the hub handles this prediction/calculated data are fixed.

-Garin

• 4.  Re: Time over threshold on QOS from script.

Posted Jan 18, 2017 12:46 AM

Thank you. 

I thought there might be an easy way.... 

I think handling it from the script is 'safer' and easier then playing with the baseline_engine.

Best regards,
    Amit