DX NetOps

• 1.  MLS name change in spectrum 10.1

Posted Jan 17, 2017 12:27 PM

Hi,

I want to change the MLS name from one server to other . I have one primary landscape and 3 secondary landscapes.

spectrum version 10.1.1. what is the easier way to achieve this, as well as i have 2 one click servers where i need to change the same as above. please help.

• 2.  Re: MLS name change in spectrum 10.1

Posted Jan 17, 2017 12:51 PM

If I am reading this correctly, you wish to change who the MLS is in your DSS, correct? If that is the case, you will need to edit the MAIN_LOCATION_HOST_NAME parameter in the $SPECROOT/LS/.locrc file on the SpectroSERVER systems and then restart the Location Server process to pick up the changes. 

For OneClick, log into the OneClick web page as an ADMIN user, click on the Administration -> SPECTRUM Configuration link and change the Main Location Server Name field to the new MLS. Click on the Save button and then restart OneClick.

Make sure hostname resolution is good between the SpectroSERVER and OneClick systems and the new MLS.

Joe

• 3.  Re: MLS name change in spectrum 10.1

Posted Jan 17, 2017 01:48 PM

Hi,

Yes.. mine is DSS setup.

On 17-Jan-2017 11:21 PM, "ackjo04" <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 4.  Re: MLS name change in spectrum 10.1

Posted Jan 17, 2017 01:48 PM

Is there any specific command to restart location server service alone in

windows?

On 17-Jan-2017 11:21 PM, "ackjo04" <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 5.  Re: MLS name change in spectrum 10.1

Posted Jan 17, 2017 01:55 PM

All you need to do is end the process in the Windows Task Manager. processd should start a new one.

Joe

• 6.  Re: MLS name change in spectrum 10.1

Posted Jan 17, 2017 02:00 PM

Thank you very much for help.☺