DX NetOps

• 1.  Unable to render topology in global collection

Posted Jan 17, 2017 06:53 AM

Hi team,

I am having an issue with spectrum regarding the topology rendering of connections between devices.

I have defined several global collections that are working fine (some take around a second to refresh the status of links, going from yellow to green), but one of these collections, that could have 30 devices is not refreshing the status and staying in yellow status. The error message in the links is SPC-OCC-11681 Unable to render topology, There are not resolved connections.

Sometimes (not always), editing and saving the collections turn the links green, but normally they are not refreshed.

I have checked the console debug log but I don't see where the problem might be. Spectrum version is 9.3.0, and the problem happens with spectrum user and non-admin users.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Unable to render topology in global collection

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2017 10:38 PM

Have you checked after restarting OneClick Server (Tomcat)?

• 3.  Re: Unable to render topology in global collection

Posted Jan 18, 2017 05:32 AM

Yes, and the result is the same. Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Unable to render topology in global collection
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2017 07:54 AM

I think there were a couple of issues in 9.3 with black links.  They could happen if there were container models in the GC:

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC615755.html 

There was a bug at one point in which there would be a black link if the model in the GC was connected to a WA_Link or a fanout (Fixed in more recent versions).  

Black links can also show if you have "removed" the models from the Universe-Topology view.   If you have done this you need to copy them from the GC and paste them back into the Topology.

What happens if you edit the GC to remove the models, then edit it again to add them back?

What happens if you create an exact duplicate GC?  Does the new GC have the same problem?  

Cheers

Jay