Service Virtualization

• 1.  Port is already in use

Posted Jan 17, 2017 07:59 PM

Hi,

I have created a VS using Request-Response pair. When I deploy it is working fine for some time and after some time throwing error as "Port is already in use" . But no other service is using the port number. Please help me on this.

• 2.  Re: Port is already in use

Posted Jan 18, 2017 03:36 AM

Which DevTest version do you use? Is there any information in VSE log files? Was the VS started with 'Auto Restart' in case of errors? How did you verify that there is no other service using the port number?

• 3.  Re: Port is already in use

Posted Jan 22, 2017 05:29 PM

Hi Ulrich Vodt,

I am using Dev Test 9.5.1

I have checked VSE logs but there is no information available reg this error

Yes while deploying the service I have enabled 'Auto Restart'

I have checked whether any other service is listening to the same port but this port is free

• 4.  Re: Port is already in use

Posted Jan 23, 2017 04:00 AM

Assuming that the VS was restarted when this error occurs, I recommend to deploy the VS without enabling the Auto-Restart option. If the VS stops, start troubleshooting the problem.

• 5.  Re: Port is already in use

Posted Jan 27, 2017 09:26 AM

Narasimha,

Did Ulrich's recommendations help you out?

• 6.  Re: Port is already in use

Posted Jan 29, 2017 10:10 PM

No Reid. There is not enough information to debug and all the information I can see is "This port is already in use"

• 7.  Re: Port is already in use

Posted Jan 30, 2017 08:09 AM

Out of curiosity, what is the port number that you are using for the service?

As Ulrich indicated, deploy the service without enabling the Auto Restart option.  

If the service fails and prior to restarting the service, open a command prompt where the VSE is running and execute a netstat -ao command.

Does netstat show the port in use?  

If so, does the PID that is holding that port open belong to VSE or something else?

• 8.  Re: Port is already in use

Posted Jan 30, 2017 05:31 PM

Hi Joel,

I am using 8072 port number and when the service is down I checked port number using 'netstat' command. This port number is free.As per my observation,virtual service fails when multiple requests sent to the VS simultaneously. Sometimes VS is taking 1 or 2  seconds to process the request and mean time if subscriber sends another request during this processing time then VS is failing.

Thanks,

Narasimha.

• 9.  Re: Port is already in use
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 30, 2017 05:42 PM

Did you check the workaround/solution in https://communities.ca.com/thread/241736463 which describes a similar problem? Might be worth a try. 

• 10.  Re: Port is already in use

Posted Feb 07, 2017 08:59 AM

Narasimha,

Were you able to have a chance to look at the workaround/solution that Ulrich recommended?

Regards,

Reid