IT Process Automation

• 1.  ITPAM Process

Posted Jan 18, 2017 06:46 AM

Hi,

I want to create a process that will trigger clear temp files in the target machine. How to achieve this?

What are the steps to achieve this?

Regards,
    Linas

• 2.  Re: ITPAM Process

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2017 05:08 PM

The first idea that comes to mind is using an agent installed on the machine where you want to delete the temp files and then using the Run Script operator to run a batch file on the system where you want to delete the temp files.  Here is more information on the Run Script operator:

Run Script Operator - CA Process Automation - 4.3.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: ITPAM Process

Posted Jan 19, 2017 05:46 AM

Hi Andrew,

I have a total of 75 servers. I just want to get clarified that, Do i need to install agents on all servers to carry out the operation. 

Also how i can execute batch file operation for all the above servers to in a single shot?

Regards,

Amala

• 4.  Re: ITPAM Process
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 08:42 AM

It is possible to do some actions through command lines on remote machines, but this is limited and likely will not work properly for needs, so yes, you will need to install an Agent on every server you need the TEMP space cleared on.

• 5.  Re: ITPAM Process

Posted Jan 19, 2017 09:33 AM

Hi Amala,

You aren't saying if you are using Windows, but I will assume that you are for the purpose of this example.

I have been doing something similar to do what you want to do, is that I use CAPA to launch a PowerShell script which connects to the remote server and does "something".  In your case it would be run a cleanup (or a cleanup script).

You could pass a list of servers to run the script operator on the CAPA process, and have it run the cleanup either sequentially or in parallel. 

You would of course have to run the PowerShell script as an ID that has the proper privileges to connect remotely, and has access to the folder in question.

Here is some documentation about Remoting in PowerShell

Geek School: Learn to Use Remoting in PowerShell 

PowerShell Remoting Cheatsheet 

• 6.  Re: ITPAM Process

Posted Feb 08, 2017 07:40 AM

Hi Ian,

I am using windows server. I have the PowerShell script ready for clearing temp files.

I know i need to use run script operator for running script. What are the other operators i need to use in PAM process to complete the task.

Please help.

Regards,
    Amala