Clarity

• 1.  Action Tracing Query

Posted Jan 18, 2017 07:10 AM

I am trying to set up action tracing for a user based on the pre 15-1 steps in this document:

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec573491.html 

But when I get to step 5 and try to copy the existing Appender named 'XML' (the pre-existing entry is used for the 'admin' trace) nothing happens when I click Copy Appender. I also click Save but nothing happens. I do not see any newly-created 'XML - copy' Appender line item for my specific user (myuser).

I have tried enabling and disabling tracing. Saving. It's like none of the action buttons in the NSA are working.

Would anyone know what is causing this?

• 2.  Re: Action Tracing Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2017 07:13 AM

Hi Colin,

if you are on 15.1 you can enable trace from ppm itself, try this one its much easier. 

• 3.  Re: Action Tracing Query

Posted Jan 18, 2017 07:48 AM

Hi Suman,

we are using 14-2 in this environment unfortunately so we need to configure the tracing via the NSA.

• 4.  Re: Action Tracing Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2017 07:52 AM

Ok I get it, there is a restore logger button, can you restore and try it out. 

• 5.  Re: Action Tracing Query

Posted Jan 18, 2017 08:13 AM

I tried to click the 'Restore Default Logger Configuration' button as well but nothing happens. The page doesn't refresh or anything.

• 6.  Re: Action Tracing Query

Posted Jan 18, 2017 08:24 AM

I'd like to try restarting services, perhaps that would help? Only there are some users currently working in the environment so I will have to wait until later.

• 7.  Re: Action Tracing Query

Posted Jan 18, 2017 08:28 AM

Whoops! Seems to be just an issue with my version of IE. I tried using Chrome instead and it looks to be working ok!