Release Automation

• 1.  Distribution of Deployment Plan failed

Posted Jan 18, 2017 03:40 AM

Deployment steps do not execute. The deployment fails even before executing the deployment step with message code as FLOW_DISTRIBUTION_ERROR/

The error message which i could see in the logs is "FlowExecutionEventDto [status=Distribution of execution plan failed]"

Has anyone faced this kind of error? Any suggestions?

Please note the Initialisation steps are completing successfully and the Deployment Steps are getting created as a result of Initialisation phase. But when the control passes over the Deployment phase, the deployment fails with above mentioned error messages. Deployment is not triggered at all.

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 2.  Re: Distribution of Deployment Plan failed

Posted Jan 18, 2017 03:47 AM

Can you share screenshot

Does the artifact distribution phase finished?

Any errors in nolio_dm_all.log?

Does all agents and execution servers are online?

• 3.  Re: Distribution of Deployment Plan failed

Posted Jan 18, 2017 04:13 AM

I could find some more info on the logs on agent side.

2017-01-18 11:09:45,154 [Communication Msg Processor-167] ERROR (com.nolio.platform.shared.datamodel.Action:92) - com.nolio.platform.shared.executables.actions.files.v2.FindFilesAction
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nolio.platform.shared.executables.actions.files.v2.FindFilesAction
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.datamodel.ActionProxy.createAction(ActionProxy.java:56)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowActionProxyReplacer.createActionFromActionProxy(FlowActionProxyReplacer.java:74)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowActionProxyReplacer.replaceSingleStepActionProxies(FlowActionProxyReplacer.java:45)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowActionProxyReplacer.replaceActionProxies(FlowActionProxyReplacer.java:38)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowDataFactory.initFlow(FlowDataFactory.java:93)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowDataFactory.create(FlowDataFactory.java:85)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowDataFactory.create(FlowDataFactory.java:46)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowControlService.init(FlowControlService.java:80)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowControlService.handleServiceRequest(FlowControlService.java:49)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.communication.CommunicationNetworkServiceManager$1.run(CommunicationNetworkServiceManager.java:232)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    2017-01-18 11:09:45,156 [Communication Msg Processor-167] ERROR (com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowControlService:87) - failed initialize flow for job[106], jobServerId[106].
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to create action from ActionProxy[null:ActionProxy]
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowActionProxyReplacer.createActionFromActionProxy(FlowActionProxyReplacer.java:77)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowActionProxyReplacer.replaceSingleStepActionProxies(FlowActionProxyReplacer.java:45)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowActionProxyReplacer.replaceActionProxies(FlowActionProxyReplacer.java:38)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowDataFactory.initFlow(FlowDataFactory.java:93)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowDataFactory.create(FlowDataFactory.java:85)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowDataFactory.create(FlowDataFactory.java:46)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowControlService.init(FlowControlService.java:80)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowControlService.handleServiceRequest(FlowControlService.java:49)
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.communication.CommunicationNetworkServiceManager$1.run(CommunicationNetworkServiceManager.java:232)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Could not instantiate a class :com.nolio.platform.shared.executables.actions.files.v2.FindFilesAction : com.nolio.platform.shared.executables.actions.files.v2.FindFilesAction
    ---- Debugging information ----
    message : Could not instantiate a class :com.nolio.platform.shared.executables.actions.files.v2.FindFilesAction
    cause-exception : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
    cause-message : com.nolio.platform.shared.executables.actions.files.v2.FindFilesAction

• 4.  Re: Distribution of Deployment Plan failed

Posted Jan 18, 2017 04:23 AM

The 'Action' view of the Process Run View does not show anything.

the 'Flow' view shows something like this:

• 5.  Re: Distribution of Deployment Plan failed

Posted Jan 18, 2017 04:34 AM

Did the issue happens only on this agent?

Can you check with online report and JMX if there are jobs in failed_pause state that this agent  is participating. 

Do you using any special/custom actions you develop or did any system modification lately (upgrade/actions pack update etc..)?

Check nolio_all.log for the acitonslib sync messages - maybe you have problem replacing files (Disk space issue? check if file size is not 0kb) this happen at the process initialisation 

• 6.  Re: Distribution of Deployment Plan failed

Posted Jan 20, 2017 06:07 AM

Jacky,

I had imported action pack ie common rdk.jar. After importing it, i did not restart the NAC and NES servers before i started with the deployment. After taking a service restart on NAC and NES i was still facing the same problem. Then i restarted the agent on the target server and it resolved my problem.

I still do not understand why i need to restart target agent? it should restart itself as and when i restart NES and NAC. But, as of now, my problem is resolved.

Thanks for pointing out importing some action pack as one of the probable causes

Best regards,

Amit Joshi 

• 7.  Re: Distribution of Deployment Plan failed
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 22, 2017 01:35 AM

I suspect the issue related to some jobs currently running on the agent (Maybe in failed_pause state) , in this case the agent can't replace the actionslib content , the content changes since you import new action pack. When you restart the agent service you clear this locking (No need to restart NAC/NES and when you restart the NAC/NES they not effecting the agent service)

Jacky 

• 8.  Re: Distribution of Deployment Plan failed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 20, 2017 05:37 AM

Hi Amit,

Did you able to get it working, if not I will request to please open a support case.

Regards,

Saurabh