DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UIM - Probes

Posted Jan 18, 2017 12:32 PM

Hi,

Currently I have installed on the  UIM / UMP / UR same server,
    when I make the discovery by ip, I manage to identify the computers in the defined lan network.
    But only the server where this UIM installed displays all the information in memory, and cpu.
    But in the other teams, no.  The cdm probe is deployed in the main hub. Is there anything else to do?  I'm starting with this application, that's why I have the doubt, since in the videos I've seen,
    the process is so basic.  I put pictures of what I tell you.

Images of the teams that shows nothing

• 2.  Re: UIM - Probes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2017 12:59 PM

It depends on how you want to monitor and with what.

If you want to use cdm  and other LOCAL probes you will need to install a robot on these machines.

This can be done through UMP or with local installers.

See installing robots sections of the documents.

Install Secondary Hubs - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

and

Deploy Robots - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

once that is done see the deploy probes section.

Deploy Your Monitoring Probes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

hope this helps

• 3.  Re: UIM - Probes

Posted Jan 18, 2017 02:41 PM

Hi,

To monitor the behavior of disk, cpu, memory in windows, should you download windows robot from the uimhome page?

The same would be done with Linux? There is no way to make a massive deployment?

As you would with network equipment, such as firewall, routers, switch.

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: UIM - Probes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2017 03:21 PM

Hi,

if you have done the discovery process through USM and provided credentials you can use the ADE to deploy robots to these targets for both windows and linux.

Once this is done you can then use Infrastructure manager  or Admin console  or MCS to deploy probes.

Deploy Robots in USM - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.4.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: UIM - Probes

Posted Jan 18, 2017 05:02 PM

As an alternative approach you can even use the rsp (Remote System Probe) to monitor basic performance metrics like the CPU , Disk and Memory of servers (something similar to snmpcollector which you might be using for network device monitoring )

rsp (Remote System Probe) Release Notes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

For this you would not need to deploy agents or install probes directly on the end user servers, the monitoring can be done remotely from one specific server where the rsp probe is installed .

UIM has the capability to monitor both via robot/agent and agent less and each has its own advantages and disadvantages 

If you wish to use the agent based approach as mentioned above by Gene MCS would be a better approach

How to Use MCS in CA UIM 8 4 - YouTube 

• 6.  Re: UIM - Probes

Posted Jan 25, 2017 03:44 PM

Thank you very much for the information,

I am currently doing a deployment of the cdm probe in a robot under Linux environment from the infrastructure manager, and this is throwing ilegad SID

Resgard,

Richard

• 7.  Re: UIM - Probes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2017 10:49 PM

Hello.

For SID error, please do.

1. Open IM

2. Highlight hub probe of UIM Server.

3. Pressing Ctrl-P

4. Probe Utility window come up.

5. Select "hubsec_setup_put" command from drop down menu.

6. Run it with the below.

Key="ignore_ip"

Value="yes"

Regards,

Yu Ishitani

• 8.  Re: UIM - Probes

Posted Jan 26, 2017 01:17 PM

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much, take the steps indicated. I also did what was indicated on the page

Https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec000002804.html.

Since the problem was between the HUB and a Robot, what I did was to adapt the documentation to the client, instead of locating the file hub.cfg, modify the robot.cfg file.

And after restarting services, everything started to work perfectly.

Thanks for the support.

Richard B.