Clarity

• 1.  Timezone issue in input date parameter in jaspersoft

Posted Jan 19, 2017 01:50 AM

Hello All,

We have one Jaspersoft report that takes a date field as an input parameter and based on that displays the report for one year in month wise columns, someway similar to a project schedule report.

When the report is run by user with timezone as GMT, the input date is passed as one day lesser than the actual date provided by user. And because of this, the whole report displays the wrong set of months.

Kindly, suggest some way to handle this input date parameter to show correct month for all timezone users.

Thanks,

Manisha

• 2.  Re: Timezone issue in input date parameter in jaspersoft

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:09 AM

Hi Manisha,

See if this thread helps you 

Timezone issue in Jaspersoft report 

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Timezone issue in input date parameter in jaspersoft

Posted Jan 19, 2017 02:42 AM

Thanks, Suman.

I checked, but no luck.

As here, the issue is with the input parameter and not the field extracted from query. I need to know how this parameter can be handled for all timezones.

Thanks,

Manisha

• 4.  Re: Timezone issue in input date parameter in jaspersoft

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 03:01 AM

The timezones ar takes from user account setting, so you shouldn't ideally need to make any changes. Is this run on immediate of schedule. Any out of box report faces this issue? 

• 5.  Re: Timezone issue in input date parameter in jaspersoft

Posted Jan 27, 2017 03:28 AM

This was run immediately. I checked out of box,  project schedule report and there it is working fine.

Only difference I found that in out of box report, $P{REPORT_LOCALE} has been explicitly used on all date fields through dateformat functions.

is this always required for date fields so as to overcome this timezone issue?

• 6.  Re: Timezone issue in input date parameter in jaspersoft

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 27, 2017 08:52 AM

Hi Manisha,

When you schedule a report there is a output locale, you can choose the same. So when you schedule a report the locale should be there.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 7.  Re: Timezone issue in input date parameter in jaspersoft

Posted Jun 09, 2017 09:51 AM

Hi Manisha,

Were you able to find more on the impact of user timezone on input date parameter? I have a custom jaspersoft report with input date fields (Start Date, Finish Date). The report works fine for users American timezone, but need to select one extra day for European timezone.

Any suggested solution?

Thanks in advance,

Albert