Service Virtualization

• 1.  MQ services auto-restart

Posted Jan 19, 2017 07:24 AM

Hi,

MQ services are not getting started after VSE comes up.. MQ services just shows as 'Loaded'.. 

In MQ Model I have given 'Auto-Restart' as well. 

we are using devtest 8.3 and new MQ Model 

• 2.  Re: MQ services auto-restart

Posted Jan 19, 2017 11:43 AM

If you start the service manually then does it start without errors?  Was it running when the VSE server was shut down?

• 3.  Re: MQ services auto-restart

Posted Jan 20, 2017 11:08 AM

Yes, when I go back and start the services it is starting from loaded to running without any errors.. 

No, as like any other services, we cant use the MQ services when VSE is down.

• 4.  Re: MQ services auto-restart

Posted Jan 20, 2017 12:01 PM

No, I mean:  Just before the VSE server goes down, is the MQ service still running?  Why is the VSE server going down in the first place?

Does the VSE server have write access to %DEVTEST_HOME%/vseDeploy/?  There is a file in that directory called '.services' which is used to track the state of VSE services across restarts.  Is that file being updated when you start your MQ service?  Do you see any errors in registry.log when you start your service?

• 5.  Re: MQ services auto-restart

Posted Jan 23, 2017 07:22 AM
      |   view attached

Yes before server goes down MQ services are running.. VSE server goes down due to weekly patches update on our linux server and scripts are written to bring lisa server up after server restart.

we have got 4 lisa server on different linux box, other box do not have any issue with mq services starting after server restart only one particular server has this issue.. 

as you asked for read-write permission, yes it is permission is exit, however I did not find file called .services which you mentioned (same across other servers too) .. 

please find the attached server snippet for the same 

• 6.  Re: MQ services auto-restart

Posted Jan 23, 2017 12:23 PM

You will need to specify the -a argument with the ls command for it to show files whose name starts with '.'.  In Linux/UNIX files that start with '.' are hidden by default.

• 7.  Re: MQ services auto-restart

Posted Jan 25, 2017 09:10 AM
      |   view attached

Yeah, got that file now.. I have attached snippet of the .services file.. (tsys ones are mq virtual services) .. I did not get much from these all the services under this have same configuration. 

• 8.  Re: MQ services auto-restart

Posted Jan 25, 2017 11:59 AM

So the MARs for the services that do not start up do appear in that file, and those lines all say 'UP'?

Are you sure there are no errors in the vse log when you start the VSE server?

• 9.  Re: MQ services auto-restart

Posted Mar 03, 2017 02:24 PM

Jagath,

Can your respond to Kevin's latest response?

Regards,

Reid