CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

sdm_ds configuration giving error

• 1.  sdm_ds configuration giving error

Posted Jan 19, 2017 07:34 AM

Hi Team,

I have installed CABI Jaspersoft r6.2.0 on Windows server 2008 R2 with Oracle 11g R2 database. CA SDM 14.1.03 is also installed on the same server and same database.

I am performing the steps mentioned in the following link:

Configure CABI JasperReports® Server r6.2.0 for CA Service Management - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies D… 

When I am configuring the sdm_ds datasource using servicedesk user credential, the connection test is successful. But after creation of server attributes i.e serverURL, username and password and changing the username and password in sdm_ds configuration to {attribute ('username')} and {attribute ('password)}, it is giving the error during testing. 

Kindly provide the solution for this issue.

Regards,

Balram

• 2.  Re: sdm_ds configuration giving error

Posted Jan 19, 2017 07:59 AM

Hi Balram,

This is expected because the test function on the data source doesnt pass a value to the attribute.  When a user logs into Jasper, and that user has run the Service Desk User Auth Report which will set their SDM username and SDM Password attributes, then when they run a report it passes those values to the attributes on the data source, which then connects to SDM using those attributes.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: sdm_ds configuration giving error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2017 09:18 AM

Are you getting an error during the test of the Datasource itself (after changing the values to the mentioned one above) OR are you getting an error when you run user authentication report.

If its former, its expected because SDM wont have a user called: {attribute ('username')}

If its latter, I'd recommend raising a Support case to get a formal solution on this.  I believe we had some issue with User Auth report when Jasper database is on Oracle (not SDM database, but Jasper itself)

_R

• 4.  Re: sdm_ds configuration giving error

Posted Jan 19, 2017 10:23 AM

@Raghu - Balram is having the issue with the data source itself.  Its simply because the data source test button functionality doesnt pass a user/pw to the attributes so its trying to log into service desk using  a username of  "{attribute ('username')}" rather than an actual username which would be passed when jasper server passes the attribute values to the data source.

• 5.  Re: sdm_ds configuration giving error

Posted Jan 20, 2017 12:36 AM

Hi Raghu.Rudraraju/Jon,

Thanks for your response.

After setting the username and password attributes using superuser in the sdm_ds configuration. When I am logging in with servicedesk user (organization: servicemanagement), "User Authorization for CA SDM" report is giving the following error:

The server has encountered an error. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Error Message

Error filling report

Error Message

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error executing SQL statement for: User Authorization for CA SDM.

The datasource configuration after logging in with servicedesk user is also giving the user authorization failed error during Test Connection. Is it a known issue when we go for Oracle database with CABI Jaspersoft. During installation, I set the encryption to be yes and encrypted all the passwords using the utility present in the DVD. If needed, I can share the log file created during installation along with the properties file used for installation.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Balram

• 6.  Re: sdm_ds configuration giving error

Posted Jan 20, 2017 07:52 AM

Hi Balram,

Few questions that will help here...

1. How did you create the "servicedesk" user in Jasper, and what roles does that user have in Jasper?

2. After installing Jasper, did you happen to change the "superuser" password to something other than "superuser"?

As for testing the data source while logged in as the ServiceDesk user - that is still expected to fail because as I previously explained, the user attribute values are not passed.  Those are only passed report activity (the reports have the code which grabs the attribute values and passes them to the data source where as the data source test function does not have that ability)

Let us know,

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: sdm_ds configuration giving error

Posted Jan 23, 2017 12:27 AM

Hi Jon,

I created the servicedesk user under the servicemanagement organizations and assigned all the available out of box roles to that user. Here are some screenshots for the configuration of that user:

I didn't changed the password of the superuser. It is still "superuser".

When I log in with servicedesk user in jaspersoft using the sql server database and test the sdm_ds datasource, it is successful always. Here is the screenshot for the connection success message:

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Balram

• 8.  Re: sdm_ds configuration giving error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 03:48 AM

Before you click "Test Connection":

1. In the User Name field, replace:
          {attribute ('username')}
       with:
          superuser
    2. In the Password field, replace:
      with:
        superuser
    3. Click "Test Connection". 
    4. Do not click on "Save", and the changed fields will not be saved.

• 9.  Re: sdm_ds configuration giving error

Posted Jan 23, 2017 04:19 AM

Hi Karen,

It is giving the same incorrect username/password error. What can be achieved from this?

Thanks & Regards,

Balram

• 10.  Re: sdm_ds configuration giving error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 09:10 AM

Balram,

Would you please raise a Support case for this for us to provide you with a formal fix?  The query that this report uses is not a valid one for Oracle and that's why we need a fixed report to be provided.  

Thank you
    _R

• 11.  Re: sdm_ds configuration giving error

Posted Jan 23, 2017 01:00 AM

Hi Raghu,

Kindly provide your suggestion on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Balram