Symantec IGA

• 1.  Bulk Loading users attached to roles in a file

Posted Jan 20, 2017 11:02 AM

Hi,

I am a new CA identityMinder Handler.

I need your help concerning users and roles importing using the BulkLoader.

Under System, the Bulk Loader permits to import massively a number of users.

IS it possible to use this BulkLoader to import users attached to roles ?

The file will be so in this format ( or something like that)

action,%USER_ID",%role%

Thanks a lot for your help.

• 2.  Re: Bulk Loading users attached to roles in a file
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 20, 2017 12:43 PM

Are you referring to Admin Roles, Access Roles, or Provisioning Roles. The bulk load and file would need an attribute to reference and I don't believe there is an attribute to reference for Access Roles and Provisioning Roles so what you might have to do is choose some other attribute to update and then have a PX Policy triggered by that task to perform the role assignment based on logic of the attribute updates you performed via the bulk load and file.

• 3.  Re: Bulk Loading users attached to roles in a file

Posted Jan 23, 2017 02:10 PM

If you want to connect provisioning roles, a workaround can be use in the provisioning the  etautil command (I don't know how much time will exist) but you can link the global users with the provisioning roles on the provisioning and this change is reflected in the Identity Manager.

The  prerequisite that you need is that the user exist in the provisioning store. I don't remember if the bulkloader creates the global users in provisioning store, or you need to assign at least on role that involves an endpoint.

rem ####  asssing_role <adm account> <adm pass> <user> <pass> <rol>
    etautil -u %1 -p %2 add 'eTGlobalUserContainerName=Global Users,eTNamespaceName=CommonObjects' GlobalUser GlobalUserName=%3 in 'eTRoleContainerName=Roles,eTNamespaceName=CommonObjects' eTRole eTRoleName=%5

• 4.  Re: Bulk Loading users attached to roles in a file

Posted Feb 10, 2017 07:39 AM

Thanks Alejandro. It was very helpful

• 5.  Re: Bulk Loading users attached to roles in a file

Posted Sep 12, 2017 07:00 AM

Hi,

You can do this if you add a work attribute where you store as first character "+" or "-" and the rest of the attribute is the name of the provisioning Role. You use a special admin task "modify user" and you create a PX which analyze the work attribute, define by the first character "+" assign or "-" unassign, and in action add the provisioning role to the user or remove the provisioning to the user.

olivier