DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Sporadic issues with UMP

Posted Jan 22, 2017 09:06 PM

Have you guys seen this one? Im having some performance issues with UMP and every now and then I get the following error. 

Details: com.firehunter.ump.exceptions.DataFactoryException: Received status (4) on response (for sendRcv) for cmd='nametoip' name='/CHSUIMPRODdom/GA3PVMUIMHB02hub/GA3PVMUIMHB02/nas'  Stack Trace: (4) not found, Received status (4) on response (for senRcv) for cmd='nametoip' name='/CHSUIMPRODdom/GA3PVMUIMHB02hub/GA3PVMUIMHB02/nas'

• 2.  Re: Sporadic issues with UMP

Posted Jan 22, 2017 10:36 PM

There could be various reasons for this error . Did this error start showing up recently?

Check the nas when you see this error , is it in a error state ?

Performance issues in the system can also cause this error ,take a look at the index fragmentation of the tables... running a database maintenance can also fix this error 

check below

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1625604.html 

Depending on the version you are using , check this too

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1957641.html 

• 3.  Re: Sporadic issues with UMP

Posted Jan 22, 2017 10:55 PM

It sporadically came up today, we restarted the hub server and failed over the database. Its running now but I did get a random error again. Restarted the browser and so far is running but I dont know how long before we get another error

I did check the NAS probe running on the hub and didnt see anything weird in the logs there

• 4.  Re: Sporadic issues with UMP

Posted Jan 22, 2017 11:09 PM

Ok, just to be sure its not because of DB performance issue, try to run the SQL fragmentation check and based on the result, try running some maintenance on DB 

Here is the query that I have for MS SQL

SELECT  db.name AS databaseName  , so.name  , si.name  , ps.OBJECT_ID AS objectID  , ps.index_id AS indexID  , ps.partition_number AS partitionNumber  , ps.avg_fragmentation_in_percent AS fragmentation  , ps.page_count  FROM sys.databases db  INNER JOIN sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats (OBJECT_ID('CA_UIM'), NULL, NULL , NULL, N'Limited') ps  ON db.database_id = ps.database_id  inner join sys.sysobjects so  on ps.object_id = so.id  inner join sys.sysindexes si  on ps.object_id = si.id  and ps.index_id = si.indid  WHERE ps.index_id > 0  AND ps.page_count > 100  AND ps.avg_fragmentation_in_percent > 30  AND db.Name = 'CA_UIM'  order by ps.avg_fragmentation_in_percent desc