IT Process Automation

• 1.  Update Workflow

Posted Jan 23, 2017 11:52 AM

I have a mail trigger in my PAM environment that is triggered when receives an email in the inbox with some parameters.

How i can store the received mail content/parameters in the process, so that i can execute process based on parameters.

This is basically to update workflow task attached to the SD ticket.

Suggest please..

Regards,
    Amala

• 2.  Re: Update Workflow

Posted Jan 24, 2017 05:02 AM

Hi Amala,

Assuming that you have set up the mail trigger already and that you have a default process that will be kick off when an email is received by the mailbox.

By default, the default process will have the following process variables when this process is trigger by an email: SenderAddress, SentDate, ReceivedDate, MailSubject,MessageNumber, MessageID and the MailBody, These variables will be found in a folder called SMTP in your process dataset and their corresponding values.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Sivuyile

• 3.  Re: Update Workflow

Posted Jan 24, 2017 05:39 AM

Basically my requirement is to approve or reject the Workflow task status of a change when somebody replied back on mail (may be with some keywords Approve or Reject).

I have no option to update wf via maileater, hence trying to achieve this using process automation. I thought of using a mail trigger & custom process.

As mentioned So where will the keyword mentioned in the mail (Approve/reject) stored in?

Hope you understand.

Thanks,
    Amala

• 4.  Re: Update Workflow

Posted Jan 24, 2017 06:46 AM

I would suggest that you make sure that the body of your email has the change number, the sequence number and your subject has the word reject for a reject or approve for an approval.

1.      Have a default process that determines the if it is a reject or approval by reading the subject of the email subject,
    2.       then call another process to reject the task\sequence on the change workflow or
    3.       call another process to approve the task\ sequence on the change workflow.

Use the change order number and sequence number on the mail body to determine which change order and which sequence to approve or reject.

Use JavaScript to read mail body, soap or service desk operators to update or reject the workflow task.

Thanks

Sivuyile

• 5.  Re: Update Workflow

Posted Jan 24, 2017 08:07 AM

Hi Sivuyile,

Very helpful.

Could you please explain the point 1 in bit detail. I am confused on how to define a process that will read the subject and store the values in the dataset. 

Thanks,

Amala

• 6.  Re: Update Workflow

Posted Jan 24, 2017 08:58 AM

Hi,

on the configuration browser you have a text field to specfy the default trigger process/handler, each time an email is sent to the mail box the process specified on default trigger process field will be started.

Also have a look at this technical document “https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec523153.html “, which will help

you configure email triggers on  CA process automation correctly.

• 7.  Re: Update Workflow

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2017 08:28 AM

Please check here for an example of an email based approval using Process Automation.