Test Data Manager

• 1.  Manage seed data option not visible

Posted Jan 24, 2017 06:59 AM
      |   view attached

I am relatively new to the test data management products and i want to know one clarification against seed data. In my CA TDM training, when i am clicking tools tab, I am not able to view “Manage seed data” option, only able to view “View seed data” option. In this case I am not able to create my won seed data for project, but in my CA TDM training document I can see Manage data option. Could you please confirm, this option will enable only against credentials level? Or I need to change any setting to access the Manage seed list option. Please suggest.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Manage seed data option not visible
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 24, 2017 10:21 AM

Hi jackchem2003

In order to investigate this further, please provide the following information:

1. What version of TDM are you using?

2. Can you please post the TDM training doc you are referring to for more context?

3. Do you have any seed data tables setup already or would this be your first time?

- When a seed table is generated, it will only be seen in the project context it was created under.

- If you have not created any yet, then you may not have this 'Maintain Seed Data' option.

4. What are you seeing under the 'View Seed Data' option?

- Please post a screenshot.

5. Have you reviewed the documentation on how to setup seed lists in Datamaker?

Propagate Seed List Data Across Masking Engines - CA Test Data Manager - 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If I do not hear back from you by tomorrow or if you are not comfortable providing this information in a public forum, please open a support case so that we can resolve this. You can open a support case by going to CA Support Online  or calling Contact CA Support - CA Technologies . 

Best regards,

Taylor

• 3.  Re: Manage seed data option not visible

Posted Jan 24, 2017 01:39 PM

Hi Taylor,

Please find my below comments for your questions.

1. What version of TDM are you using? CA TDM 3.6 (Standalone Desktop Installed)

2. Can you please post the TDM training doc you are referring to for more context?

3. Do you have any seed data tables setup already or would this be your first time?

I haven't created my own seed list yet. my need options to create a seed list for data generation.

4. What are you seeing under the 'View Seed Data' option?

- Let me post you the screenshot ASAP   

• 4.  Re: Manage seed data option not visible

Posted Jan 25, 2017 08:56 AM

Hi, jackchem2003

I have not yet received the screenshot or TDM training doc you are referring to. As previously suggested, please open a support case so we can troubleshoot this further in a less public forum. You can open a support case by going to CA Support Online  or calling Contact CA Support - CA Technologies . 

Best regards,

Taylor