IDMS

• 1.  Eclipse CA-IDMS/DB Schema Diagram Mapper

Posted Jan 23, 2017 08:07 PM
      Hello Fellow IDMSers!
        For those that aren't aware; there exists a FREE Schema Diagram Mapper that has been available since 2013!
          Yes, it draws data diagrams from your CA-IDMS Schemas for you that can be printed.

Steps to success:

Download and Install Eclipse IDE for JAVA Developers. The mapper is a Eclipse Plug In. Like the schema mapper, it is free also as it is open source.

Go to https://sites.google.com/site/idmsschemasineclipse/home  which is the home page for this product. It tells one       everything needed for the product:

The tool takes Schema source as input that one must download to your Mac or Windows from the IDMS Dictionary.

Once you go to the home page above, I recommend clicking on 'Documents' and follow the steps in the 'Getting started' Document:

Following the steps in the 'Getting Started' Document will produce diagrams such as this one:

I'm far from being an expert but if anyone has any basic questions, I will be happy to try to answer them.

Many Kudos (thanks) to Luc Hermans from the European CA-IDMS User Group for developing AND providing this tool!

Take good care,

Joe Perkins

CA-IDMS Database Administration

jmperkins7734@yahoo.com

• 2.  Re: Eclipse CA-IDMS/DB Schema Diagram Mapper

Posted Jan 25, 2017 10:41 AM

Thanks Joe for pointing this out. I have installed it and it works fine.

Many thanks to Luc Hermans !!!

• 3.  Re: Eclipse CA-IDMS/DB Schema Diagram Mapper

Posted Jan 25, 2017 12:44 PM

Hi Manfred,

You are very welcome! I understand from reading his earlier post, that the author Luc is working on a direct connect to one's Central Version to get the schema information if you have JDBC or ODBC Access via the Web Connect or IDMS Server.

Take good care,

Joe Perkins 

jmperkins7734@yahoo.com530.260.0165

From: Manfred_Hoefer <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

To: Joseph Perkins <jmperkins7734@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:42 AM

Subject: Re:  - Re: Eclipse CA-IDMS/DB Schema Diagram Mapper

#yiv6252784106 * #yiv6252784106 a #yiv6252784106 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6252784106 #yiv6252784106 h1, #yiv6252784106 h2, #yiv6252784106 h3, #yiv6252784106 h4, #yiv6252784106 h5, #yiv6252784106 h6, #yiv6252784106 p, #yiv6252784106 hr {}#yiv6252784106 .yiv6252784106button td {}

|

CA Communities 

|

Re: Eclipse CA-IDMS/DB Schema Diagram Mapper

reply from Manfred Hoefer in CA IDMS IUA EIUA - View the full discussionThanks Joe for pointing this out. I have installed it and it works fine. Many thanks to Luc Hermans !!!

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on CA Communities

Start a new discussion in CA IDMS IUA EIUA by email or at CA Communities

Following Re: Eclipse CA-IDMS/DB Schema Diagram Mapper in these streams: Inbox

You are receiving this email because you are a member of the CA Communities.If you'd like to change your email preferences, click here. If you want your communities account to be deactivated (opt out), please send an email to CustomerPrograms@ca.com.Additionally, if you wish to opt out of all unsolicited commercial communications from CA Technologies, click here. |

|