jmperkins7734

Eclipse CA-IDMS/DB Schema Diagram Mapper

Discussion created by jmperkins7734 on Jan 24, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 by jmperkins7734
    Hello Fellow IDMSers!
      For those that aren't aware; there exists a FREE Schema Diagram Mapper that has been available since 2013!
        Yes, it draws data diagrams from your CA-IDMS Schemas for you that can be printed.

Steps to success:

Download and Install Eclipse IDE for JAVA Developers. The mapper is a Eclipse Plug In. Like the schema mapper, it is free also as it is open source.

Go to https://sites.google.com/site/idmsschemasineclipse/home  which is the home page for this product. It tells one       everything needed for the product:

The tool takes Schema source as input that one must download to your Mac or Windows from the IDMS Dictionary.

Once you go to the home page above, I recommend clicking on 'Documents' and follow the steps in the 'Getting started' Document:

Following the steps in the 'Getting Started' Document will produce diagrams such as this one:

I'm far from being an expert but if anyone has any basic questions, I will be happy to try to answer them.

Many Kudos (thanks) to Luc Hermans from the European CA-IDMS User Group for developing AND providing this tool!

Take good care,

Joe Perkins

CA-IDMS Database Administration

jmperkins7734@yahoo.com

Outcomes