Symantec IGA

Expand all | Collapse all

Where can we find log structure of etatrans log? We need to get the log pattern to analyse the errors happening while provisioning is done to an endpoint.

• 1.  Where can we find log structure of etatrans log? We need to get the log pattern to analyse the errors happening while provisioning is done to an endpoint.

Posted Jan 24, 2017 09:40 AM

Is there any Error code list or stanza specific to each type of error? This will help in identifying users with similar issues and rectify them.

• 2.  Re: Where can we find log structure of etatrans log? We need to get the log pattern to analyse the errors happening while provisioning is done to an endpoint.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2017 11:17 AM

Hello Hari,

Good morning.  I reviewed this internally and there is not an error code list or stanza specific to each error code.  Of course, we have many knowledge documents, community answers, documentation on different scenarios and errors but not one list for a specific log like etatrans.log.  

This would not be considered a new functionality enhancement but I would recommend you post an "idea" request in the community.  This would allow this to be considered as possible new information to be added to the IDM documentation.  Please make any idea request opened as detailed as possible.  Thank you.

• 3.  Re: Where can we find log structure of etatrans log? We need to get the log pattern to analyse the errors happening while provisioning is done to an endpoint.

Posted Jan 24, 2017 11:58 AM

In the etatrans log you would see something like:

20170120:122225:TID=001528:Modify    :E905:----:S: External Modify (eTORAPolicyName=my_template)

So the first column is a date (Jan 20, 2017) the second column is a time (12:22:25pm) and the third column is a thread ID which could be helpful in following the transaction through the log. Note that some operations spawn child operations which would get a different thread ID though.

When the request completes you would see something like the below which includes either SUCCESS or FAILURE:

20170120:122225:TID=001528:Modify    :E905:----:F: SUCCESS: External Modify (eTORAPolicyName=my_template)

Within the External Modify you would see tag pairs such as the following that follow the same format as above where DB ones refer to requests sent to the Provisioning Repository and Connector Server ones refer to requests sent to the Connector Server.

DB Search, DB Modify, DB Add, DB Delete

Connector Server Search, Connector Server Modify, Connector Server Add, Connector Server Delete