Clarity

• 1.  Access Rights for Subpage

Posted Jan 25, 2017 06:53 AM

Hi,

I have created a subpage in Project object and we would like to restrict the users to view and edit the fields in the subpage,we would like to create a new group and allow the users to view the subpage.Please let me know how to create access rights and add it to the access group.we are using Clarity 13.1

• 2.  Re: Access Rights for Subpage

Posted Jan 25, 2017 07:46 AM

You mark the subpage as "Secure" and then the system will include specific access-rights related to that page which you can grant to your access-groups.

• 3.  Re: Access Rights for Subpage

Posted Jan 25, 2017 09:46 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the secure subpages work so that any attribute on the you cannot see in the list view?

A little lighter option  without that restriction is display condition for members of a group.

• 4.  Re: Access Rights for Subpage

Posted Jan 25, 2017 10:10 AM

^ Yes, perhaps - but this is configurable in the Options on the list page (i.e. "Attribute Value Protection") - I specifically only gave an answer to the question about subpage view/edit differences because there are quite a few variations of how the system may be set up and may behave that are not easy to summarise in a short answer.

For example display conditions do not allow different control (view/edit) of an attribute, and may also cause blank values in the list-page (if the options are set up like that), and I didn't want to over complicate the answer .... something that I have now failed at.

• 5.  Re: Access Rights for Subpage

Posted Jan 25, 2017 01:32 PM

Thanks Dave_3.0