Service Virtualization

• 1.  Is there any way to extract a list of operations from a VSI file

Posted Jan 24, 2017 04:08 PM

I would like to know if there is a way to extract a list of operations from a VSI file.

Also is there a way to quickly search a VSI for an operation matching some search criteria?

I don't find either of these in DevTest workstation.

I don't find it in DevTest Rest Api as well.

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to extract a list of operations from a VSI file

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2017 11:10 AM

You would have to write your own script to extract the list of operations in a VSI.  We don't have this feature out of the box.  

Regarding your question on   " is there a way to quickly search a VSI for an operation matching some search criteria?"  , please see these links below.

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/9-5/en/using/using-ca-continuous-application-insight/analyzing-business-transactions/search-and-filter-transactions/intelligent-search-for-transactions.

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/9-5/en/using/using-ca-service-virtualization/using-devtest-portal-with-ca-service-virtualization/edit-virtual-services/search-for-text-in-a-virtual-service

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Shiney.

• 3.  Re: Is there any way to extract a list of operations from a VSI file
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 25, 2017 11:52 AM
      |   view attached

As Shiney states, this is not an OOTB feature.  

You can roll-your-own code to iterate the VSI (see example).  Use a significant amount caution when you do these kinds of things because CA reserves the right to alter the structure and storage mechanism associated with DevTest assets at any time.  

In the test case below, point the first step to the VSI you want to consume.  The LASTRESPONSE from the second step lists the operations found in the VSI by navigating over the XML.   Use the attached example at your own risk.  This is not guaranteed to work on your particular VSI - although it did work correctly on my sample VSI.

Attachment(s)