DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Robot not showing detail

Posted Jan 25, 2017 10:03 AM

Hello Team

i have installed robot in one of the server  but robot not picking up HUB and domain information which causes no information can be shown in infrastrucmananger as well as ump....why is it happening?  although the server is already connected to domain. PLease advice

• 2.  Re: Robot not showing detail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2017 10:18 AM

hi,

make sure the OS type and version are support and the robot is a newer robot IE 7.80

http://support.nimsoft.com/downloads/doc/Platform_Support_Availability_current.pdf 

Then check the robot.cfg and make sure the spelling of the hub keys are all correct

should look something like:

domain = howeu01-U181202_domain
       hubip = 10.130.220.149
       first_probe_port = 48000
       hub = PrimaryUIM_Hub
       hubrobotname = PrimaryUIM
       hubport = 48002

You can set the loglevel = 3 and logsize to 5000 and restart the robot watcher service and check the logs for errors as well.

• 3.  Re: Robot not showing detail

Posted Jan 25, 2017 12:02 PM

Many thanks gene

On 25-Jan-2017 8:20 pm, "Gene_Howard" <

• 4.  Re: Robot not showing detail

Posted Feb 08, 2017 07:35 AM

Dear Gene

while installing robot..its giving this popup ...somehow installation completes but cannot find robot.cfg file there....which causes robot not getting hub and domain name...please advise

• 5.  Re: Robot not showing detail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2017 08:20 AM

Dear La-Qa,

where did you get this package from? Is that an msi? I am just wondering as this package is asking for the nms-robot-vars.cfg which is only used when deploying the Nimsoft robot via a 3rd party tool:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/8-4/en/installing-ca-uim/deploy-robots/deploy-robots-in-bulk-with-a-third-party-tool-and-native-installers

As the file is not present it has no variables to use to setup the robot.

You would normally go to your UIM Server Home page to download the package, the exact address depends on the UIM version you use.  The name of the package would then be different, and it should have an interactive dialogue to assist with the install.

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 6.  Re: Robot not showing detail

Posted Feb 08, 2017 08:54 AM

Dear Martin

i downloaded it from my UIM Server Home page