Symantec Privileged Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How do I make it so users do not have the ability to see their passwords via "Target Applications" when the login to PAM?

• 1.  How do I make it so users do not have the ability to see their passwords via "Target Applications" when the login to PAM?

Posted Jan 25, 2017 09:54 AM

In the past, we were able to make that entire column exclude from showing. Is this still an option? 

• 2.  Re: How do I make it so users do not have the ability to see their passwords via "Target Applications" when the login to PAM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2017 03:32 PM

Hi dremenyi,

The "Target Application" dropdown is usually only displayed when an account is put into the "Passwords" part of a policy. Putting an account into the "Passwords" section is basically saying: "The users in this policy are allowed to view these passwords". If you want users to only be able to "use" passwords you should leave "Passwords" empty and use only "Access" & "Services".

This may help clear up any confusion on this:

Side-Note: Users given API access will also have the Target Application box show up in order to be able to retrieve their API password.

-Christian