DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CEM Export Tool Wild Characters

Posted Jan 26, 2017 03:32 AM

Is there any way to use wild characters in CEM Export tool?

Especially, we would like to use command number 5 to produce an output on business services used by ALL user groups.

Thanks,

Luke

• 2.  Re: CEM Export Tool Wild Characters
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2017 08:46 AM

Dear Luke:

Wildcards: 

You can do this indirectly (wildcards). What I used to do was build a Windows Bat or UNIX Shell file that would take command line arguments and pass to the export command line 

Report Option 5 for all User Groups:

The Java code/SDK is available for you to modify as you see fit. Some customers have done this with great success.

Option 1 : Get all business process (business service) statistics data in a time range. is a rough equivalent of what you want.

You could submit an enhancement. But this has not been updated in 7 years. So unlikely to happen.

You may ask follow-up questions but that is the essential answer

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: CEM Export Tool Wild Characters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2017 08:46 AM

Ordinarily I would say to escape the character, but not sure if it can use regex.

Adding Hallett_German and JMertin for more info

• 4.  Re: CEM Export Tool Wild Characters

Posted Feb 13, 2017 03:49 AM

Instead of trying to re-write the CEM Export tool for this I just wrote a quick perl query as follow:

my $sth = $dbh->prepare("select b.ts_name, c.ts_name, a.ts_total_transactions, a.ts_bad_transactions FROM ts_st_tsgrp_usgrp_mly_20161201 a, ts_transet_groups b, ts_user_groups c WHERE (a.ts_transet_group_id = b.ts_trandef_group_id AND a.ts_usergroup_id = c.ts_id)");

It gave me the report I wanted....