DX NetOps

• 1.  Create VNM in Spectrum?

Posted Jan 26, 2017 02:36 PM

How do I get fault isolation option once discovery is complete and in its own container? I believe this is under the VNM carrot icon but I do not see the VNM for my container.

Or maybe a better question is how do I create a VNM for my container? 

• 2.  Re: Create VNM in Spectrum?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2017 02:42 PM

There's only one VNM (Virtual Network Machine) per Spectrum landscape and that represents the SpectroSERVER so there's no need (or way) to create additional ones.  As far as fault isolation goes, if you have connectivity (lines) between your device models, then you should have fault isolation working.   

• 3.  Re: Create VNM in Spectrum?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2017 02:57 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Jim,

The VNM is created automatically on install of Spectrum.  By default it will be in the main Topology view.  You cannot destroy it and you cannot create it, so you may just need to look for it (or use the Locater and create a search – modeltypename equal to VNM.  You can right click it and go to Location->Topology).

Fault Isolation is also on by default.  The one thing you may wish to do is to turn on live links.  You can do this by right clicking each link and “enable live links” or you can use the locater to find the interfaces you want and change the attributes:

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1074036.html

HTH

Jay

• 4.  Re: Create VNM in Spectrum?

Posted Jan 26, 2017 02:59 PM

Thank you all. The reason I did not see it is because I did not choose any modeling options on the discovery.