CA Service Management

• 1.  Add new links in Employee Page

Posted Jan 26, 2017 11:42 AM

Hi ,

I would like to add new links in " useful Links" page of " Employee Page:"  in CASDM 14.1

Plus need to replace the old URL to new one in " Report incident" and " submit request"  in Employee page.

please help to achieve this. 

• 2.  Re: Add new links in Employee Page

Posted Jan 27, 2017 05:36 AM

Hi Sheik,

Sound like your Employee interface has been highly customized.

I do not see the "useful Links" on my OOTB Employee interface of my CA SDM 14.1 install.

Can you attach a screen print of how your Employee screen currently looks and highlight the sections in question?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Add new links in Employee Page

Posted Jan 27, 2017 09:14 AM

Hi,

Please find the below screen shot, where in useful links tab, i have to place new links.

• 4.  Re: Add new links in Employee Page

Posted Jan 27, 2017 06:44 PM

Hi... The file name for the form that you need to open and modify using WSP (web screen painter) is named home.html (see screen print).  I always locate the file via windows explorer and make a copy of the existing file as a backup first.  If the form has been modified before (which it looks like it has), it will show an * after the file name in the below screen, and the file will be found in the site/mods folder in the directory where the application is installed --

Example path:  D:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Service Desk Manager\site\mods\www\htmpl\web\employee

Once the form is open in WSP, what I do is Ctrl/F to open a 'Find' window, and search on Useful Links to jump to that section.  Look at the code in that section for where your current links are.  Determine which lines to copy - highlight them and copy, then click below those lines (or where you want to insert the new link) and paste them in - then change the URL and the name on that line for the new link. 

To change the links for your 'Report Incident' and 'Submit Request', do Ctrl/F and search on Log a Ticket to jump to that section.  Find the lines for your existing URLs and change them.

When done, click the save button to save the form, then click on the File menu, select Publish, then click OK.  The last step is to open a command prompt and enter this:  pdm_webcache -- Now you should be able to see your changes in the application.

Hope that helps.

Tammy

• 5.  Re: Add new links in Employee Page

Posted Jan 31, 2017 02:22 AM

Hi Sheik,

Thanks for supplying the screen print. As suspected, your screen was customized but you should be able to make your changes following the hint mentioned by Tammy.

Let us know if you were able to address this or if you still need some assistance?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 6.  Re: Add new links in Employee Page

Posted Jan 31, 2017 09:57 AM

Hi Brian,

Thanks for assistance. Am checking this on my QC. Will keep you posted if I face any issues.